Whether KL Rahul is the next Rohit Sharma ?

velu

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

He is the next Aravinda de Silva. Now you won't find a more inconsistent and crazy impulsive batsman than the Lankan but at his best he would make Sachin and Lara look second class. KLR needs to be supported, that is what great captains like Pataudi or Dada would have done. Kohli's captaincy will be judged on the basis of whether he can mentor and groom the next gen players...it is as much a challenge for VK as it is for KLR. 

Aravinda was good but definitely not better than Sachin or Lara imo. I would put Aravinda as second class compared to both of them. 

5 minutes ago, CG said:
9 minutes ago, Brainfade said:
Under pressure, so play a loose shot when the team is 50/1 and you are supposed to be the fulcrum?

Does not cut it. 

Its beyond me how can u drop worlds 6 ranked batsman who is second only to Smith and Kohli for a guy who failed in SA and even in odis.

To be fair, I think Pujara's form with Yorkshire did not help him. Also the Essex match seemed like some sort of audition. No grudges that KLR was picked here. He should have left no doubt and made it count.

4 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Honestly, I feel like the hype and the fame went too much into his head- he's more interested in the commercial aspect of playing cricket than doing well.

Bunty might make us believe that Rahul is some special talent yada yada, but the end of the day-the excessive hype he's receiving is gonna backfire on him if he plays poorly.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

He was probably thinking of another casual photoshoot like jhadu pocha kind of and be cool ....his steam bath photoshoot was absolute filth but then it seems ,day in and out he is all lost on those....him and Rahane both were competing for the most reckless shot of this test..

Rahul is really becoming frustrating. Even prior to his commercialization with Bunty, he had temperament issues. Nothing changed

I will never understand why did the netizens put in so much faith on Rahul in first place.
The hype that was created around him was the final nail in Rahul ka career.
He seems to be a very over eager and patronising guy - and now the fame has gone into his head.
Despite disliking him a lot, one thing I really admire about Kohli is he has managed to balance his extracurriculars with His game and manage to excel in his profession.
Rahul hasn't yet - and the hype that Bunty created for him will actually land him under further scrutiny.
Cringe worthy photoshoots and beauty contest stints are only going to make it worse.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk