Overhyped batting line up - this Indian team reeks of mediocrity

Basically tail starts from after no 5. 

Dhawan is known failure.

Rahul for so much hype keeps playing poor shots and if he continues this way he will have career similar to Pujara or worse.

Rahane - when was last time an Indian batsman was so poor in India and even overseas performances aren't consistent.

Keepers - no 11 - tail enders.

Bowling is no different.

Kohli is only world class batsman in this team.

If our tail started at 5, it would be a good thing as we can at least expect consistent performance from the top 4-5.... I would say in non-sub con conditions, we have batsmen performing like tailenders spread out throughout the 11 so the consistency is lacking 

Only Kohli and to some extent Pandya, who plays gems here and there, have the ability, with some luck, to take on Eng on their day 

Edited by zen

Kohli came good today due to missed chances, poor captaincy by Root any decent captain would have killed this game by now.

But this generation of players is total begairat, no self respect, no pride in test performances. 

They are making money from nanga naach league and are very content with it.

Batting is one issue but look at their catching. These people get 1.5 million rs for a frigging test match but they can't catch more than 50% of chances. And this sh!t show is going for last 5 years. 

Very similar team was butchered in 2014 in England. These bunch of bozos had 4 years to learn from that, work on their game to make themselves better players. But what is the need. Their IPL franchises will make cheerleaders dance in sultry dresses and masses of this country will run to stadium to watch that and they will earn their pie for throwing bats like baboons. Bhaad me jaaye test cricket. 

Could not have said it better myself. This team is full of baggage with the lone man Kohli in batting and Ashwin to some extent with bowling. I cannot believe Nasser said they needed 500 against India. Are you phucking kidding me? If kohli did not survive those two chances (the first one was easy), this match would be over now.

3 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

Could not have said it better myself. This team is full of baggage with the lone man Kohli in batting and Ashwin to some extent with bowling

The bowlers have been good for 3 years now both home and away in tests  ... especially Ashwin, Jadeja, Bhuvi, Shami and Bumrah. 

Edited by express bowling
22 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

Could not have said it better myself. This team is full of baggage with the lone man Kohli in batting and Ashwin to some extent with bowling. I cannot believe Nasser said they needed 500 against India. Are you phucking kidding me? If kohli did not survive those two chances (the first one was easy), this match would be over now.

Match is still over if England score anything around 200...because chances of English fielders giving life second time around is low and conditions more lively.

4 hours ago, singhprakash72 said:

Match is still over if England score anything around 200...because chances of English fielders giving life second time around is low and conditions more lively.

Oh yeah. Indians will struggle to score anything over 150 unless Kohli fires again. Too much to expect from one player!

7 hours ago, Number said:

Kohli came good today due to missed chances, poor captaincy by Root any decent captain would have killed this game by now.

But this generation of players is total begairat, no self respect, no pride in test performances. 

They are making money from nanga naach league and are very content with it.

Batting is one issue but look at their catching. These people get 1.5 million rs for a frigging test match but they can't catch more than 50% of chances. And this sh!t show is going for last 5 years. 

Very similar team was butchered in 2014 in England. These bunch of bozos had 4 years to learn from that, work on their game to make themselves better players. But what is the need. Their IPL franchises will make cheerleaders dance in sultry dresses and masses of this country will run to stadium to watch that and they will earn their pie for throwing bats like baboons. Bhaad me jaaye test cricket. 

You can't blame Kohli for the missed chances. Yes he was lucky, but sometime fortune favors the brave. Many players have gone on to score big after they are let off. Gavaskar was left off 4 times in an innings in WI  tour of 1970-71.

There is no doubt that he is determined to score in England and after a nervous start, he did make some adjustments with batting out of his crease and playing late under his eyes. When was the last time we had a player that basically brought us back into the game single-handedly from a losing position? I think last time was VVS Laxman who did this with some consistency. I agree about the rest with you. Bunch of jokers in the team. Very disappointing.

Our golden period in overseas conditions was from 2006-2010,post WC 2011 we have been hammered in SENA countries.You cannot win with one or two players it has to be a team effort unfortunately we have so many passengers in our team.Even with fab 4 we lost overseas but you can't compare likes of Sachin,VVS,Dravid with current lot.

Dhawan-Apart from one century in New Zealand has failed everywhere looks like a hack playing abroad

Vijay-He scored well from 2013-2014 after that he has regressed 

Pujara-Proven failure in overseas conditions

KLR-Boom or Bust either scores centuries or gets dismissed cheaply.His first tour hope he improves his batting and does well next time

Rahane-Another player who has been on a downhill trend has played some good innings overseas but gives the impression that he can lose his wicket anytime

DK/Pant-DK despite playing for 10 years has been a failure unfair on Pant to expect him to score heavily in these kind of conditions

Pandya-Bits and Pieces player plays one good innings then flops though played well for his 21 yesterday.

Except Virat rest of them are poor and over hyped due to their exploits in home conditions or IPL.They just don't look like competing.

Edited by Switchblade