County stint and simplifying my action helped me, says R Ashwin

Haha thanks for this. Ashwin confirms what I thought and mentioned in the match thread below yet we had Bhajji jabbering on about some other nonsense live on air.

On 8/1/2018 at 2:54 PM, WeStMiDz said:

Lol @ Bhajji. Pretty sure that isn't a carrom ball. Looks to me a new delivery Ash has developed. The release is similar but it came out totally differently. Also he just said a flipper and carrom ball are the same thing.

1 minute ago, WeStMiDz said:

Haha thanks for this. Ashwin confirms what I thought and mentioned in the match thread below yet we had Bhajji jabbering on about some other nonsense live on air.

On 8/1/2018 at 2:54 PM, WeStMiDz said:

Lol @ Bhajji. Pretty sure that isn't a carrom ball. Looks to me a new delivery Ash has developed. The release is similar but it came out totally differently. Also he just said a flipper and carrom ball are the same thing.

Bhajji is not exactly a smart cookie lol He is embarrassing himself.  Jay Root :phehe:

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/india-vs-england-county-stint-and-simplifying-my-action-helped-me-says-r-ashwin-5288327/

“When I came here for county stint last year, first thing I realised is the speed with which the bowlers bowl here,” Ashwin, who had played for county side Worcestershire, told BCCI.tv.

“The conditions here are extremely slow even on the first day. You can have bit of bounce but if the pace is not right then the batsman get a lot of time to play the same ball in the front and back foot, that is something I realised very quickly when I came here.”

“Even in the last 12-18 months I spend a lot of time playing club cricket. I was working on simplifying my actions a bit and make sure I can get more body into the ball, try create something in the air and it worked really well,” he said.

“We have always spoken about taking the wicket out of the equation and specially with how good the wickets are, the modern day batsman actually enjoy playing in this wicket. I think to a larger extent that particular thing of doing something in the air is something I consciously worked on,” he said.

“But what happens when you are trying to do that something in the air is that the body sometimes gives up, you are touch short or touch fuller. So in one of those pursuits, I thought simplifying my action was important. Because I went through a very good phase of bowling with that particular action and hence a lot of bad habits had crept in with my arms coming in, so those are the things I had to really work on against my own will.”

:hatsoff: