Sign in to follow this  
speedheat

Commentary gems tracking thread

Hello guys, I request posters here to track some of the gems and fun banters shared in the commentary box of international matches and share it here in this thread so that we wont miss out a chance to laugh on any of the humorous joke/banter/mistake in the commentary box lol.

We can start with ongoing Eng vs Ind test series, I am sure when we have harbhajan and sanga in the box there will be some comedy.

You can also share some from past international matches if you recall one.

So far it has been Harbhajan yesterday after we were 50 for no wicket

Harbhajan “you know openers di d well makes job of middle overs errr middle order easier to bat you know”

Lloyd was asking him strategy which a leg spinner would employ to which Harbhajan replied that yesterday India asked Ash to bowl in the seventh over so no harm in trying Moin Ali sorry Ra shid as openers are used to playing fast bowlers in English c ondition :giggle: no harm in trying a spinner

Hussain: Sam Curran is no mug with the bat he can bat.

Harbhajan: For a tailender you should have someone near him and bowl short.

HUSSAIN:Bhajji you were batting at 8 for India how many centuries you scored.

Harbhajan:I scored two centuries not bat for a batting tailender cracked a joke which nobody understood and started laughing while there was complete silence from Hussain and Ward for good five minutes.

7 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Harbhajan: Sanga Ishant has played for 8 years he only bowls inswinger playing for so long he should have developed two or three new deliveries inside his pocket.

There is so much kampetition in the side Ishant is lucky to be playing as Bhuvi is injured.

WTF ......Pocket:hysterical:

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

@Switchblade :phehe: on fire thankzz dude for sharing 

People are getting angry with Bhajji but at least you can laugh as he provides comic relief at least he is pro India when likes of Manjrekar or Bhogle become anti India.I understand they have to cater to world wide audience but they go overthe top with that aspect.

18 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Hello guys, I request posters here to track some of the gems and fun banters shared in the commentary box of international matches and share it here in this thread so that we wont miss out a chance to laugh on any of the humorous joke/banter/mistake in the commentary box lol.

We can start with ongoing Eng vs Ind test series, I am sure when we have harbhajan and sanga in the box there will be some comedy.

You can also share some from past international matches if you recall one.

Thanks for opening this thread though was thinking about it.

Waqar: Batsmayyyyeeeennn trying to give himself a ruuuuummmmeee (room) but a bouullerrrr (bowler) not giving him a room.

We got a game on our hands 

I remember he is a very good all rounder he took 5 wickets and scored 2 runs back in 2008 Pak vs Zimbabwe series.

Virender Taibu is a very good player.

Good effort by Chibhumbhum (Chibhaba)

This was during the first T20 game in Manchester 

Ian Ward:Welcome to England Harbhajan how it has been so far in England?

Harbhajan:This is my favourite venue I love it it has more Indians than England people so this is where I liked playing the most.Complete silence by English commentators for a while.

4 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

I want to hear Bhajji, Waqar, Kapil commenting together :rotfl:

Waqar’s English has improved a bit so the gems are rare to come by these days.Jayasuriya and Bhaj would be pure gold cause Sanath with his The Chandimal or the wickut lack spin would be hilarious.Bhaj comes off like a Robot and Sanath as a old school radio would be pure comedy.

35 minutes ago, velu said:

i am watching only the highlights .. no time for test matches :((

yesterday watched kohli from his 97* to 149 :dance: 

Same with me, reason why I created this thread so that I won't miss out any...lol... You can post some from past matches though

23 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

Harbhajan: that's the carrom ball, it's like a legspinner's flipper but when an off spinner bowls it, it's called a carrom ball. I don't know why.

(Incidentally it wasn't the carrom ball at all :phehe:)

Atherton later on owning him: it's called a carrom ball because there's a board game called carroms that involves players flicking out the front of the hand. 

Wtf.. :hysterical:

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

Unfortunately, i am in office . So most of the time i am following you guys on ICF/ crapinfo for updates. Believe me it's great fun reading the comments on ICF then watching match alone sitting on couch.:hatsoff:

4 minutes ago, asterix said:

Listening-to Bhajji is cringeworthy. This village idiot has been selected deliberately to embarrass Indians...

I hope he does commentary in Australia as well good comic relief plus unlike Manju/Harsha he supports India.

25 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

After KL’s dismissal Harbhajan saying that’s the wicket England will looking for and calling Curran Karan yesterday today he calls him Quraan 

:hysterical:

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I noticed that. Thought it was Kuran lol 

He should realise that he is not doing commentary for Star Sports where he can get away with his hit and miss approach  the way he does commentary he should realise that English people are also listening to him.He comes off as a kid or someone who has been sent to learn and write sentences in English.

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

@speedheat u shud put make tittle Commentary gems tracking thread : Ft bhajji 

This thread has been dominated by bhajji's gems

Good thing we have 4 more matches to go so he will be dominating the Sky team commentary panel for sure :giggle: