Is India missing a left arm seamer in this series?

asterix

The great West Indian team of the 1980s and  the great Australian team of 1994 to 2007 ...  neither had any left arm pacers.

South Africans have had very strong pace attacks since 1991 ... but no left arm pacers either.

Left arm pacers are not mandatory unless a good bowler is available.

Edited by express bowling
8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Left arm pacers we have

Fast  or  Fast-medium --

Khaleel Ahmed

Kulwant Khejroliya

Aniket Chaudhari

Pradeep Sangwan

Medium pacers --

Natarajan

Unadkat

Khalil Ahmed looks quite impressive has pace and similar action to Starc but current coaching regime is a joke wish we had a proper coaching staff so he can progress farther.Please keep Unadkat away from the Indian team 

Edited by Switchblade
7 minutes ago, CG said:
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:
Not in swinging conditions.

It did swing at Sydney and Starc was getting reverse in India.

Not the same as England. Reverse swing is different and more than swing, it is seam movement that is more difficult to negotiate.

4 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Khalil Ahmed looks quite impressive has pace and similar action to Starc but current coaching regime is a joke wish we had a proper coaching staff so he can progress farther.Please keep Unadkat away from the Indian team 

Khaleel has progressed well as a 50-over and T20 pacer.  But needs to play some FC.  He is not remotely ready for test matches.

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Khaleel has progressed well as a 50-over and T20 pacer.  But needs to play some FC.  He is not remotely ready for test matches.

not carrying on with Aniket has been puzzling. he is as tall as Starc, bowls good pace and swings the ball in. No, idea why he has been neglected.  would have been thousand times better than Shardul.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

not carrying on with Aniket has been puzzling. he is as tall as Starc, bowls good pace and swings the ball in. No, idea why he has been neglected.  would have been thousand times better than Shardul.

I find it strange too. He did decently on his last A tour but fell off the radar completely after that.  

I wonder if fitness issues have something to do with it.

Moreover, I don't know why we are in general so apathetic to tall bowlers with good pace. 

Edited by express bowling
20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I find it strange too. He did decently on his last A tour but fell off the radar completely after that.  

I wonder if fitness issues have something to do with it.

Moreover, I don't know why we are in general so apathetic to tall bowlers with good pace. 

And we don't even have lot of left armers who are ready and are suited for the longer format. So its even more baffling why he is not on the radar of the selectors. He should have been there in the A teams atleast. 

Edited by Mosher