Sign in to follow this  
asterix

Is India missing a left arm seamer in this series?

The great West Indian team of the 1980s and  the great Australian team of 1994 to 2007 ...  neither had any left arm pacers.

South Africans have had very strong pace attacks since 1991 ... but no left arm pacers either.

Left arm pacers are not mandatory unless a good bowler is available.

Edited by express bowling

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Left arm pacers we have

Fast  or  Fast-medium --

Khaleel Ahmed

Kulwant Khejroliya

Aniket Chaudhari

Pradeep Sangwan

Medium pacers --

Natarajan

Unadkat

Khalil Ahmed looks quite impressive has pace and similar action to Starc but current coaching regime is a joke wish we had a proper coaching staff so he can progress farther.Please keep Unadkat away from the Indian team 

Edited by Switchblade

7 hours ago, CG said:

Just shows the Falling standardsof this batting lineup These guys have played well against likes of Starc and Johnson particularly Rahane.

Not in swinging conditions.

7 minutes ago, CG said:
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:
Not in swinging conditions.

It did swing at Sydney and Starc was getting reverse in India.

Not the same as England. Reverse swing is different and more than swing, it is seam movement that is more difficult to negotiate.

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Left arm pacers are not mandatory unless a good bowler is available.

because of angle they create against leftarmers they can be a very good choice though.

4 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Khalil Ahmed looks quite impressive has pace and similar action to Starc but current coaching regime is a joke wish we had a proper coaching staff so he can progress farther.Please keep Unadkat away from the Indian team 

Khaleel has progressed well as a 50-over and T20 pacer.  But needs to play some FC.  He is not remotely ready for test matches.

15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

because of angle they create against leftarmers they can be a very good choice though.

Definitely, if a good left armer is available.

As of today, we may see Unadkat replacing Shami or Bumrah in test matches if left armer is sought by team management.  :phehe:

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Khaleel has progressed well as a 50-over and T20 pacer.  But needs to play some FC.  He is not remotely ready for test matches.

not carrying on with Aniket has been puzzling. he is as tall as Starc, bowls good pace and swings the ball in. No, idea why he has been neglected.  would have been thousand times better than Shardul.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

not carrying on with Aniket has been puzzling. he is as tall as Starc, bowls good pace and swings the ball in. No, idea why he has been neglected.  would have been thousand times better than Shardul.

I find it strange too. He did decently on his last A tour but fell off the radar completely after that.  

I wonder if fitness issues have something to do with it.

Moreover, I don't know why we are in general so apathetic to tall bowlers with good pace. 

Edited by express bowling

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I find it strange too. He did decently on his last A tour but fell off the radar completely after that.  

I wonder if fitness issues have something to do with it.

Moreover, I don't know why we are in general so apathetic to tall bowlers with good pace. 

And we don't even have lot of left armers who are ready and are suited for the longer format. So its even more baffling why he is not on the radar of the selectors. He should have been there in the A teams atleast. 

Edited by Mosher

11 hours ago, Mosher said:

Aniket Choudhary would have been a good option. He was called to bowl in the Indian team nets. But don't know why he is not in the selectors radar these days. He was not part of the India A team that toured England too. 

Think his best days are behind now 

24 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Good cricketers, left or right handed, pick themselves. 

Left or right handed batsmen should be good enough to play left or right arm quicks and spinners and vice versa.

don't think other than Bumrah, we have given a debut to any other new fast bowler in recent years. i think since Aaron, Yadav, BK and Shami's debut around 2011 2012 period, Bumrah is the only one to have played test for India in last 5-6 years.  It shows how poor our selection policies have been. Even again, Afghanistan, new bowlers cant get debut.

Edited by rkt.india

Recall Zak.

Other issue, we have one Leftie in Shikar.  We all know his current form

May be get Raina, and Pant in the team to have R/L combination to confuse their bowlers.