Time to blood in Prithvi Shaw

28 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Nice. Lets go back 30yrs which was a different era all together to create a narrative. 

In pro wrestling there are face and heel; we already know Dhoni, Shastri are heel on this forum. Now that Rahul is no longer the face lets create one in the form of prithvi. 

We just saw a 20 year old Sam Curran winning the game for England and Shaw has just played in England for India A and scored runs.  Moreover, what about Rahul? he is now playing and should get whole series.  I don't think people expected him to do any miracles especially against the likes of Broadandu in these conditions.  He will for sure get better with this exposure. For me, it is all about identifying the right personnel and backing them.  And that was for Rahul's inclusion in ODI side, not just tests.

Regarding SRT, dont think test cricket was any less competitive then. he also faced bowlers like Akram and Waqar on his debut though England and Australian bowling attacks were not great in those days.

Edited by rkt.india
21 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

We just saw a 20 year old Sam Curran winning the game for England and Shaw has just played in England for India A and scored runs.  Moreover, what about Rahul? he is now playing and should get whole series.  I don't think people expected him to do any miracles especially against the likes of Broadandu in these conditions.  He will for sure get better with this exposure. For me, it is all about identifying the right personnel and backing them.  And that was for Rahul's inclusion in ODI side, not just tests.

Regarding SRT, dont think test cricket was any less competitive then. he also faced bowlers like Akram and Waqar on his debut though England and Australian bowling attacks were not great in those days.

Its amusing the length you would go to bash Rohit yet defend Rahul in test cricket.  Why this love for Prithiv who isnt even in squad, given up on Pant ? also sam curran is playing at home, while not 20 but both kuldeep and hardik were 21-22 when they made their test debut.