• Pandya - Dhoni ka gadha - na batting na bowling
    • Umesh
    • Ishant (I1)
    • Ashwin - Batting (too harsh)
    • Shami - 2nd Innings
    • DK - batting/wicketkeeping
    • Finally Kohli - captaincy/selection

7 hours ago, Khota said:

My point is currently under the same conditions Dhawan is doing better than both Rahul and Vijay. He maybe doing marginally better but the point is he is still better. For them to show they are better they have to score more. Dhawan can do more with the bat than those two.

Thats the point he has never done it so no one believes it and to be honest we all knw he isnt technically equipped to do it. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

After all that pre-series boasting, another dud from Kohli & co. False hope and crushing disappointment for fans yet again. Kohli could have sent in Hardik as a pinch hitter ahead of either Karthik or Rahane. But captain safe never makes any ballsy plays. He prefers to lose in conventional ways. For the next match, the only change I would do is  replacing Yadav with Yadav. I hope the batters just go for broke and put some runs on the board because they clearly don't have the skills to survive hostile bowling for very long. 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thats the point he has never done it so no one believes it and to be honest we all knw he isnt technically equipped to do it. 

And yet he scores more in both the innings. Is that a fluke or you have some bias?

Edited by Khota
7 hours ago, Lannister said:

It's on seniors. Dhawan, Vijay and Rahane are touring England for the second time and they knew what to expect from these conditions. They shown total lack of match awareness and their lack of form and technique was exposed. 

Both Vijay and Rahane are pale shadows of what they were 4 years back,Dhawan is undeserving he should opt out of the series and work on his weakness than play like a hack and embarrass us overseas.

27 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Meanwhile our cheerleader coach said we can become world beaters overseas under this all hype no substance coach we are 1-5 in overseas tour.He should just shut his mouth and avoid giving over the top statements.

Kumble atleast had plans on how to tackle overseas tours and he was working on it during our home season. Enter Ravi Shastri, all the hard work done has gone to gutter. 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

And yet he scores more in both the innings. Is that a fluke or you have some bias?

nope he is still scoring that low scores.......hence still a failure

Vijay n rahul has dropped.........becoming failure

But dhawan pas will make sure he ll get kick, u saw almost all failed in Sa but rohit got the kick coz of his past and rightly so.........same will happen to dhawan

N use the word bias, if ppl question dhawan odi place . No one is Bias apart from u who is justifying his place after scoring 15 runs

39 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Kumble atleast had plans on how to tackle overseas tours and he was working on it during our home season. Enter Ravi Shastri, all the hard work done has gone to gutter. 

I think the most to be blamed is the team management. When SA series had concluded, they had listed the problems India had gone through and which had prevented them from winning a series they could and should have won. Also after realising those mistakes they had promised that they would plan accordingly for England tour which was 6 months away. What do the captain and coach do?

1.grind the main weapon Bhuvi to dust before the tour instead of resting him from IPL.

2.No identification of openers and number 3 and repeating the same mistake they did in SA 1st test.

3.Starting with a 2nd choice attack

4.No planning for batsmen

5.slip catching having become even more horrible instead of any improvement

6. Pandya's role as undecided

7.No vision, no strategy, no pre-planning, starting with wrong foot.

If we had Kumble instead of Shastri, we could have seen completely different planning.Under every captain, we did well only when we had an able coach. Ganguly-Wright, Dhoni-Kirsten. When they left, team disintegrated too. 

58 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Tell me how to delete a post?

Edited by Chandan
18 hours ago, mishra said:

He was on it even in the match. He asked Bhajji how would you feel if the captain takes you out after one bad over. Can't blame him for how the other batsmen played, he was well aware of a chasing a bigger target. I don't blame for taking him out against a rampaging Curran. Probably could've played one more over at the most.

I guess Ganguly is also not on BCCI payroll. He is questioning Kohli's constant chopping and churning of the batsmen, causing the low confidence in them. Everybody's always playing for their place in every match. 

This I agree.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24289190/as-virat-kohli-tops-test-rankings-sourav-ganguly-wants-more-captaincy-front

Edited by coffee_rules
2 hours ago, Chandan said:

I think the most to be blamed is the team management. When SA series had concluded, they had listed the problems India had gone through and which had prevented them from winning a series they could and should have won. Also after realising those mistakes they had promised that they would plan accordingly for England tour which was 6 months away. What do the captain and coach do?

1.grind the main weapon Bhuvi to dust before the tour instead of resting him from IPL.

2.No identification of openers and number 3 and repeating the same mistake they did in SA 1st test.

3.Starting with a 2nd choice attack

4.No planning for batsmen

5.slip catching having become even more horrible instead of any improvement

6. Pandya's role as undecided

7.No vision, no strategy, no pre-planning, starting with wrong foot.

If we had Kumble instead of Shastri, we could have seen completely different planning.Under every captain, we did well only when we had an able coach. Ganguly-Wright, Dhoni-Kirsten. When they left, team disintegrated too. 

As I said team management, just see, how Kumble as a commentator has outlined the plans for India's overseas tours:

https://goo.gl/Dj1rCr

Had he been the coach, he certainly would have planned for it extensively and our team would have grown. Can't say there can't be any minus points in him, but still he cared for the team, had vision and then plans to improve it. Was successful too the way he handled 4+ 13 home tests in 8 months.

And look at what Shastri says, who was the coach of the team then:

https://goo.gl/zbA3wB

Only hollow talk in media as he does always.

Rahul/Rahane two gutless players in the middle order. I would even forgive openers. For heaven sake, they gave 50 runs in 9 overs to the middle order in the first innings. Same way in the second innings they did play a few overs. You didn't see first over dismissals. I would blame them.

18 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

He was on it even in the match. He asked Bhajji how would you feel if the captain takes you out after one bad over. Can't blame him for how the other batsmen played, he was well aware of a chasing a bigger target. I don't blame for taking him out against a rampaging Curran. Probably could've played one more over at the most.

I guess Ganguly is also not on BCCI payroll. He is questioning Kohli's constant chopping and churning of the batsmen, causing the low confidence in them. Everybody's always playing for their place in every match. 

This I agree.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24289190/as-virat-kohli-tops-test-rankings-sourav-ganguly-wants-more-captaincy-front

Both means Captain has "no Patience". In previous case, The bowler start looking for a wicket taking delivery, in process gives bad balls. In later case batsman gets edgy and throws his wicket.

Edited by mishra
15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Rahul/Rahane two gutless players in the middle order. I would even forgive openers. For heaven sake, they gave 50 runs in 9 overs to the middle order in the first innings. Same way in the second innings they did play a few overs. You didn't see first over dismissals. I would blame them.

There is a time selectors and think tank have to define what is accepted performance and what isn't. But then we are asking too much for performance being used as criteria. The think tank will prefer players who struggle in tough conditions but will be averse to trying youngsters like Prithvi and Shumbman. Some patta runs will be scored and the FTB's will continue to remain in team. The cycle goes on.