England will come harder at us

Don't expect another lightning where Ishant gets 3 gun wickets in one over. Imagine those folks clicking.  They have a long brutish batting line up. Running through them will be one hell of a task without helpful conditions. Our Indian batsmen morons just had to step up big for 2 sessions. That was all they needed. Nothing could get easier than this. If the conditions are batsmen friendly they are more powerful than us. With psychological scars we could fold even on flat decks. Lots and lots of character is needed for the rest of the series. 

The best way is to play mystery bowler Kuldeep...

We’ve a 2nd string bowling line up... they’ve full fledged team...

I hope media or past players criticise the was BCCI, Captain and team management have prepared for this series and players sitting out with injuries...

The first match was best chance for India to take lead... England won’t give any more chances unless Indian team strategises properly... Of what is evident, both the Coaches and Captain have no strategy what so ever...

Kohli said in the post match interview that he “didn’t had time to speak to the batsmen”.. basically they went to second innings without any plan or strategy...

Yes, it’s just one match they lost... no big deal... but it’s evident that Kohli is trying to cover up lots of things only with his batting....

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Don't expect another lightning where Ishant gets 3 gun wickets in one over. Imagine those folks clicking.  They have a long brutish batting line up. Running through them will be one hell of a task without helpful conditions. Our Indian batsmen morons just had to step up big for 2 sessions. That was all they needed. Nothing could get easier than this. If the conditions are batsmen friendly they are more powerful than us. With psychological scars we could fold even on flat decks. Lots and lots of character is needed for the rest of the series. 

Ishant will only click if their is some help

Their batting lineup is not much better than ours.  Its just that their bowlers are more effective at using conditions against our batsmen, who are less effective than they ought to be.  

The good news is that our bowlers are good enough to keep us in the game.  The batting can and will do better.  We need to stop screwing up selection, and the batsmen need to execute better.  It will happen.

I am less confident of my 3-1 prediction at this point, having lost a winnable test. But I still believe we will not lose this series, and have a very good chance of winning it.  

Just now, sandeep said:

Their batting lineup is not much better than ours.  Its just that their bowlers are more effective at using conditions against our batsmen, who are less effective than they ought to be.  

The good news is that our bowlers are good enough to keep us in the game.  The batting can and will do better.  We need to stop screwing up selection, and the batsmen need to execute better.  It will happen.

I am less confident of my 3-1 prediction at this point, having lost a winnable test. But I still believe we will not lose this series, and have a very good chance of winning it.  

Theirs is better than ours clearly.  Rashid/Broad/Curran could all hang around. If they bring in Ali in place of Rashid they will be even stronger.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Exactly. Our pacers are skilled no doubt but they are so inconsistent. 

We are yet to play on a flattish overseas track in 3 years and when it happens...our inconsistency could cause a harsh reality check. 

I hope it doesn't happen but if recent past is any indication (Sabina Park 2016, Rajkot 2016, Ranchi 2017, Delhi vs SL 2017), our pacers haven't stepped up on flattish tracks to bowl out teams (Umesh in Rajkot was really good but even he went missing in the 2nd innings i think). 

This is another reason why we need 2 spinners to insure ourselves in case pacers don't perform up to the mark. If they fail (which they can), we can atleast say we tried our best. 

Jaddu is a must for such tracks but i guess they will go with raw Kuldeep who will either play a match winning role or match losing role. 

Pandya will play the next game i suppose, so chances are we may go with 1 spinner which is a very very risky move. 

Edited by sensible-indian
Just now, sensible-indian said:

We are yet to play on a flattish overseas track in 3 years and when it happens...our inconsistency could cause a harsh reality check. 

I hope it doesn't happen but if recent past is any indication (Sabina Park 2016, Rajkot 2016, Ranchi 2017, Delhi vs SL 2017), our pacers haven't stepped up on flattish tracks to bowl out teams (Umesh in Rajkot was really good but even he went missing in the 2nd innings i think). 

This is another reason why we need 2 spinners to insure ourselves in case pacers don't perform up to the mark. If they fail (which they can), we can atleast say we tried our best. 

Jaddu is a must for such tracks but i guess they will go with raw Kuldeep who will either play a match winning role or match losing role. 

Pandya will play the next game i suppose, so chances are we may go with 1 spinner which is a very very risky move. 

Jadeja is my first pick on any pitch that turns, or is totally flat. Delhi 2015, Chennai 2016, Ranchi 2017, SL tour 2017 and Delhi as well - he's just such a menace on roads, especially with DRS. You don't become number one ranked test bowler by fluking such performances.

So you're also backing Pandya the A/R :pray:

Edited by R!TTER
1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

Jadeja is my first pick on any pitch that turns, or is totally flat. Chennai 2016, Ranchi 2017, SL tour 2017 and Delhi as well - he's just such a menace on roads, especially with DRS. You don't become number one ranked test bowler by fluking such performances.

So you're also backing Pandya the A/R :pray:

Where was i backing Pandya? 

Read my post again. Lmao. 

10 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

Your expectations are wrong then. Pacers winning you test matches in India on those tracks. 

10 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

Jaddu is all good but thinking spinners will win you test series in England is naive.