Our Team Management might pick Pujara and drop Rahul for the second test !!!

velu

You know if you're still in Europe (are you?) you should meet Kohli and give him a big smack on the head. Then teach him the ways of Dhoni and CSK, if he listens to you we might fluke a win and possibly even draw the series. If you hit him really hard, then he may get back to his senses and drop Dhawan and Sharma forever, for good.

Just now, Oldhere said:

Rahul is surely gonna get dropped.

BUt i also want Dhawan to be dropped.

Or i want Dhawan and Vijay to be given 3 tests and if they dont work then both to be dropped or who ever fails in first 3 tests.

That sound too complicated to me, can we have linear equations for this?

1 hour ago, Oldhere said:

Rahul is surely gonna get dropped.

BUt i also want Dhawan to be dropped.

Or i want Dhawan and Vijay to be given 3 tests and if they dont work then both to be dropped or who ever fails in first 3 tests.

Why Dhawan and Vijay deserved more chances compare to an youngsters. Do they ooze more sense of confidence than Rahul?

37 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Why Dhawan and Vijay deserved more chances compare to an youngsters. Do they ooze more sense of confidence than Rahul?

I just want Rahul to play all matches as i know he is gonna come good whereas i know Dhawan will surely fail even if its a flat track but with Kohli i have found out that any day of the week he will consider Dhawan as his first priority pick and then Sharma.

Rahul isnt his pick and also Rahul also with not scoring runs is giving this team management chances to drop him.

If Rahul is dropped, it is due to his own doing. He started with a hundred and then was underwhelming in the next 4 innings with the bat. So he was dropped for the 3rd ODI. We have all been advocating for him in the side but when you have competition you cannot afford slip ups. Rahul cannot be a player who scores once in 4-5 matches and goes missing after that. He needs to be consistent. We need consistent batters in the X1 and we don't have any besides Kohli.

Virat was in bad form 2014, but got to play 10 innings in that series. Long term, that was a good investment. I would argue that Rahul should get the same flexibility. He will learn a lot and he has a lot of upside. Dhawan, not so much. So I wouldn’t be too bothered if Pujara replaces Dhawan.