Is Virat Kohli already a legend? MS Dhoni has the answer

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/is-virat-kohli-already-a-legend-ms-dhoni-has-the-answer/story-d4CEXuNoNTQGjFekRBPiLN.html

“He (Kohli) is the best, and has already reached a status, where he is close to (being) a legend. So I am very happy for him. And the way he has batted everywhere and in the last few years, he has just been brilliant,” Dhoni, who is the brand amabassador and mentor of an app ‘Run Adam’, said at the launch.

“He keeps taking the team forward and that is what you want from a leader. So all the best to him,” Dhoni said.

The dashing keeper-batsman also cleared the air about his international future making it clear that he is going nowhere till the 2019 World Cup in England. :wall:

“(I took the ball) to see why we are not able to get enough reverse swing. Because we will be playing the World Cup in England, we have to (ensure) that we get reverse swing going. Because it is something that is very important. If the opposition is getting it, we should also get it, at some point or the other,” Dhoni elaborated.

“After 50 overs, the ball is useless to the ICC (International Cricket Council), so I requested the umpire ‘Can I get the ball and gave it to the bowling coach?’”

“We need to work on it as to how we can get it more scuffed up so that we can get a bit of reverse swing going, that will in-turn help the fast bowlers get those yorkers or wickets in and around the 40th over mark. That would really help us restrict the opposition by not getting too many runs in the last 10 overs.”

“I will just tell you one thing -- to win a Test match, you need 20 wickets and we (India) did that. So that’s the only answer I would give because it dosen’t matter how well you bat, how well you are there for five days but (by) taking 20 wickets, you can win a Test match,” he said.

5 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Nah Kohli will most likely forgotten as a whole after his retirement because his bad captaincy and dictator mentality is eventually consuming his rep as a good batsman.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

what did he do wrong as a captain. Where is this dictator ship point coming from????

3 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

She is unhappy with his rude behavior and poor team selections, the way he selects his friends and more interested in promoting Virushka brand that is why she is unhappy.

How is he rude, I would say he is more expressive. I don't think his selections are poor. When team is filled with batsmen who can't perform what is he supposed to do??

29 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Nah Kohli will most likely forgotten as a whole after his retirement because his bad captaincy and dictator mentality is eventually consuming his rep as a good batsman.

I doubt he will be forgotten. He is a quality to be remembered and put in the league of "once in a era" quality Indian bats like SG, Tendulkar. However damage he has done to Indian cricket (I think BCCI is letting himdo the dirty work of  killing all other brands of Cricket to promote IPL) will not be forgotten, Neither by Indian fans nor by Cricket elites

Edited by mishra
3 minutes ago, raki05 said:

So do you believe he doesn't have any say in team selection or still chatting to Anushka during selection committee meeting?

He should have the say in the team selection becuase he is captain.Why does his chatting about team selection  with his wife is your concern or anyone else's concern.

Were some selections which could be argued either way yes, but I have not seen any selection and say wow this selection does not make any sense.

He opted  Karan Sharma over Ashwin in his first test as a captain. His thinking was not wrong wrist spinners had more success in Australia over finger spinners.

Even with Fab four they never had guts to play with just five batsmen , this guy has guts to do it and back it up by performing.You might lose some matches in that process but in long run you will develop a team which will fight more and win more in tough conditions. 

How is he rude, I would say he is more expressive. I don't think his selections are poor. When team is filled with batsmen who can't perform what is he supposed to do??

Does expressive people films people throwing trash on roads without blurring their faces and put the video online where his equally pea brained inflated ego wifey is seen berating that man like he has committed murder?
And then add an equally condescending caption and shame the man online?
He also has poor tactical acumen compared to Ganguly or even Dhoni nor he has a good eye for Talent.
He also doesn't spot and back good talents, taking washed up seniors over them and then putting extra pressure on any junior player who is not Hardik Pandya.
His bowling changes are also pretty clueless sometimes and I believe random droppings of players hurt their Morales.

Also the way he kicked out Kumble who was actually offering real help showed how power hungry evil person he is.

He should have the say in the team selection becuase he is captain.Why does his chatting about team selection  with his wife is your concern or anyone else's concern.
Were some selections which could be argued either way yes, but I have not seen any selection and say wow this selection does not make any sense.
He opted  Karan Sharma over Ashwin in his first test as a captain. His thinking was not wrong wrist spinners had more success in Australia over finger spinners.

Even with Fab four they never had guts to play with just five batsmen , this guy has guts to do it and back it up by performing.You might lose some matches in that process but in long run you will develop a team which will fight more and win more in tough conditions. 

Does Anushka knows anything about cricket?
I don't think so.
Her alleged involvement in selection, if any - has lead to situation where modelling creds and cheap publicity leads to team selection over good performances.
You are not into the team until you're marketable.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It clearly reflects that you see what you want to see. Yuvi/Raina and current Dhoni(ignore him for a sec that he is a legend) do you think they are good selection. Always running after Dhoni for captaincy matter do you think someone should continue as captain if he require a help for an old man who is already eating up one youngster position. You are talking about guts he doesn't have guts to captain alone in odi , guts to drop his friends and dear one from 11 so much for the fake bravado and guts.

She is unhappy with his rude behavior and poor team selections, the way he selects his friends and more interested in promoting Virushka brand that is why she is unhappy.

Hehe You have read my mind right.
Also, I am fed up of him trying to behave like a Catholic School Headmistress and school is.
I hate people who tries to moral police us excessively, that too with such condescension and Superiority complex Virushka has.