Can't be too hard on myself for IPL failure: Mayank Agarwal

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/103500/mayank-agarwal-220-bengaluru-india-a-ipl-2018-kxip-south-africa-a-tour-of-india

"I just felt that it was just a one-off tournament where I didn't get runs and I'm quite happy with the way the year has gone by," Agarwal said on Monday (August 6). "As a batsman, I feel that 'Yes, it's a big tournament. It is something big for every player. If I have to see the year on an average, then I have done well in four tournaments out of five. I will happily take that. It's all about looking at the year as a whole and not just one tournament. Yes, you try learn from every tournament, try and learn from every experience, try and become a better player. That's what I look to do. But I can't be too critical of myself."

"It was not the usual English summer, it was quite hot. But you know the ball did move a bit and for a lot of us, it was the first time playing in England and first time playing against the Dukes ball. It did move a bit and it was a great experience for us and a great learning. As Rahul bhai has always said, it's all about getting new experiences, countering these conditions and learning from them. So I thought it was a great learning experience."

"To be really honest, the future that's not something on my mind . I think I'm batting well. I'm really happy to be batting well and I just want to keep doing that. Whatever has to happen will happen, I've said that before but I'm just really, really happy to be batting well.

"There are so many games that you are playing, so you have to stay in the present. We are playing this, then we are playing the quadrangular and we have a lot of games coming. So it's all about focusing on the present and on the things in hand rather than focus on other things," Agarwal added.

9 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

@Lannister don't you think guys like Aggarwal or Shaw can be tried in the home series against West Indies we play all three formats against them at home.

Aggarwal has been in a really good form from past 1-2 years and he deserves his chance.  Seeing both Vijay and Dhawan are on their last legs, WI series is an ideal one for his debut. I would keep Shaw on standby incase of any injury to Rahul/Aggarwal. If Vijay continues with his same form, I'd be inclined to bring back one of them for the ongoing series itself. 

33 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Aggarwal has been in a really good form from past 1-2 years and he deserves his chance.  Seeing both Vijay and Dhawan are on their last legs, WI series is an ideal one for his debut. I would keep Shaw on standby incase of any injury to Rahul/Aggarwal. If Vijay continues with his same form, I'd be inclined to bring back one of them for the ongoing series itself. 

Why not bring them (and Siraj and Saini) in for the last two tests in England.  For WI series, them as well as GHV and SSI are a must.