Why Junk foods tastes so delicious compared to healthy stuffs?

Austin 3:!6

I have noticed this that most of the foods that tastes delicious turns out to be non-healthy. Street food like Samosas, Kachoris & Pakoras OR Junk foods like KFC or McDonalds are not good for health but tastes heavenly. Similarly if you put extra ghee, the taste changes immensely but might make your doctor furious.

On the other hand if you eat healthy stuffs like Porridge, Brown Rice, boiled vegetables etc. they tastes yuck.

Why is it so? Discuss.

Because you are brought up eating the “tastier” food... the tase buds remember the taste... it’s habitual..
It takes effort & time to change food habit...
I don't know if I agree with that. My daughter has been fed healthy stuff for last 2 years. Then one fine day, she got to taste chocolate. Now she goes crazy for "chokki-chokki".

Clearly unhealthy stuff is tastier even for an inexperienced toddler.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

What we call Indian junk food today like chhole bhature, samosas and ghee rich Indian dishes/sweets were actually staple foods for the people in the ancient times. The huge difference being that life was not sedentary back then and as a result people had very strong metabolism to convert all jalebis, samosas, chaats and parathas into energy to do daily work. If you read the history of samosas, falafel and etc. you will realize that they were never meant to be comfort foods, in fact the concept of comfort foods never existed back then.

41 minutes ago, MechEng said:

What we call Indian junk food today like chhole bhature, samosas and ghee rich Indian dishes/sweets were actually staple foods for the people in the ancient times. The huge difference being that life was not sedentary back then and as a result people had very strong metabolism to convert all jalebis, samosas, chaats and parathas into energy to do daily work. If you read the history of samosas, falafel and etc. you will realize that they were never meant to be comfort foods, in fact the concept of comfort foods never existed back then.

Agreed.

If you are going to devour a whole bucket of samosas while doing nothing but staying at home all day playing video games and in the meantime complain about heartburn and acidity then it's your unhealthy lifestyle which is at blame here and not the innocent, virtuous samosa.

You may completely disagree, but this is what I have understood:

Fire:

It was the invention of fire, which changed things for humans.

Earlier homos ate only raw meat/raw eggs/raw green leaves/raw fruits for millions of years. 

Wild meat tastes really good even without SALT and SPICES (very important!!!). If you are eating raw meat and green leaves, then you don't need any extra salt. Gorillas and chimps fulfil their need of salt through green leaves only. 

Fire has one problem. If you cook a food, then it becomes totally Bland. It could not be eaten in this state as the raw food could be eaten and enjoyed. 

So,  Salt/Spices/Fats are needed to make it edible. 

In raw food, there are very less carbohydrates. At most it is sugar of fruits which is easily digestible in this state.  

But carbohydrates in the diet of modern human beings (Wheat/Rice/Daal/Choolay...) all needed to be cooked. 

Good fats (including Omega 3) and even the good cholesterol is very important for human body. 

But fat becomes dangerous when it is combined with carbohydrates and sugar. Therefore, the most dangerous thing is this COMBINATION. And this combination is also the most tastier thing. You could not eat a lot of sugar alone, or fat alone, or carbohydrates alone, or salt alone or spices alone. But if all these things are combined, then here the danger begins

If you are not used to junk food then it will make you sick. I had a McDonald’s a couple of months ago and had a stomach ache and wanted to puke.

Healthy Indian food is so easy to make and be tasty, we’ve got so many different spices and chilliest that you don’t need to fry food or add lots of oil and butter.

I disagree....For a south indian like me...healthy items like ,Idli+ Sambar...Or plain Dosa (without ghee) + chutney is very tasty..I hate Burgers,pizzas...if those count as junk.One more thing Rice + Kerala fish curry (healthy but heavenly)

healthy doesn't always mean that bland and boring..For Indian food,plenty of healthu tasty options are there....

But i understood,what do u mean by that..The reason is simple ''Oil,oil and more oil..'' 

On 8/10/2018 at 7:25 PM, Clarke said:

Another theory i could recollect/create is evolutionary biology. The body likes to stock up calories since excess food is a very recent phenomenon compared to food shortages across history. Foods high in calories are thus preferred over low calorie foods. 

This what I heard in NG/Discovery.Plenty of food plus very less physical work is recent phenomina.O/W calories always use to attract humans