Jump to content
LORD_analyst

If shami and ishant can't restrict eng to 150-175 on this minefield, then they should not play for india

Recommended Posts

Just now, asterix said:


What messed up? As if Umesh or Shardul would’ve blown away the English batsmen? Have they ever done it in their life?

Baat kartey hain..,

The bowlers are brainless, simple...

This was their chance a pitch which offer all kinds of help. We are now left with only 2 seamers. If England can play these two guys out they score lot of runs. These are fast bowlers they will get tired and then England will capitalize.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, asterix said:

What messed up? As if Umesh or Shardul would’ve blown away the English batsmen? Have they ever done it in their life?

 

If only Samurai hairstyle can help generate bit of brain cells...

 

Baat kartey hain..,

 

The bowlers are brainless, simple...

Shardul did it against SA at home in a warm-up. He could very well utilise these conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
This was their chance a pitch which offer all kinds of help. We are now left with only 2 seamers. If England can play these two guys out they score lot of runs. These are fast bowlers they will get tired and then England will capitalize.

If 2 seamers can’t do some damage what will be a 3rd Samurai hairstyle idiot will do?

Share this post


Link to post
Shardul did it against SA at home in a warm-up. He could very well utilise these conditions.

If they had selected Shardul and he failed the whiners would’ve cried all day for missing Samurai Hairstyle idiot...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, asterix said:

Umesh Yadav can’t pitch 3 balls one after other in same line and length give hope to people that he will be badly missed here...

 

The spray gun would’ve made a mockery of the bowling conditions here...

 

i dnt remember even umesh using such condition well

That binny 6 fer game , he didnt bowl well.....i think he didnt bowl well even in Kolkata against SL 

Share this post


Link to post

Shami, Ishant and Hardik need to use these conditions well. One cannot ask for much better situation. A lot of out of form England batters just like ours , wicket and conditions supporting pacers.Hope our pacers bring us back into the match after the batsmen ahve screwed the batting innings like inept batsman once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Shami, Ishant and Hardik need to use these conditions well. One cannot ask for much better situation. A lot of out of form England batters just like ours , wicket and conditions supporting pacers.Hope our pacers bring us back into the match after the batsmen ahve screwed the batting innings like inept batsman once again.

You mean to try getting bowled or LBWs only...

Caught behind dismissals even after using the conditions can’t be guaranteed..

Share this post


Link to post
Abhi se hathiyar dal diye, kya hua batting A/R cum 4th seamer cum specialist fielder ka :cantstop:

As he has more brains and ability than Samurai Hair style Spray Gunner, I’m sure he will do well than him to secure his place for the rest of the series...

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, asterix said:


You mean to try getting bowled or LBWs only...

Caught behind dismissals even after using the conditions can’t be guaranteed..

With just 107 on board, the wickets, whichever way they come are welcome.Even the odd hit-wicket along with couple of run-outs would be great.Perhaps England losing all the reviews at some point and we get a wicket due to a bad umpire decisions in our favor and England wouldn't be able to review.

Edited by Straight Drive

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, asterix said:


As he has more brains and ability than Samurai Hair style Spray Gunner, I’m sure he will do well than him to secure his place for the rest of the series...

Yes by scoring 10 or 20 in the next innings, his fans will use the logic - OMG he's the 5th best batter in the team, look at his awesome score :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Yes by scoring 10 or 20 in the next innings, his fans will use the logic - OMG he's the 5th best batter in the team, look at his awesome score :facepalm:

No his fans will use the simple logic that he’s more brains than idiot Umesh Yadav. That should be enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, asterix said:


No his fans will use the simple logic that he’s more brains than idiot Umesh Yadav. That should be enough...

Pandya ke brain ki kya khichadi banana hai, also where's the idiots brains here :hmmmm2:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/video/clip?id=22104240

 

Tab kya khayalo mein tafri pe tha :flybye:

Fraud ki pol kholne jaye to itne parte niklengi ki pyaz me bhi nahi hoti :om:

Edited by R!TTER

Share this post


Link to post

Unfair to have too many expectations from Ashwin and Kuldeep, this is a paradise for the quicks. Ishant will thrive here but Shami/Pandya...not sure. Since our total is so low we may panic if England apply themselves well, also captain will be pressurized to remove some catching positions with such a low score to play with. If England get a lead of 50, match over. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Pandya ke brain ki kya khichadi banana hai, also where's the idiots brains here :hmmmm2:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/video/clip?id=22104240

 

Tab kya khayalo mein tafri pe tha :flybye:

Fraud ki pol kholne jaye to itne parte niklengi ki pyaz me bhi nahi hoti :om:

Many top batsmen have gotten out like that, unaware of things. Does that make them brainless. Sehwag, Gambhir, Ganguly all have been guilty of similar things.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, rkt.india said:

Many top batsmen have gotten out like that, unaware of things. Does that make them brainless. Sehwag, Gambhir, Ganguly all have been guilty of similar things.

Is this the only brainless shot you remember, what about Joburg 1st innings, every shot yesterday? The stage we were in at centurion, his run out was by far the most unacceptable event that morning. The fact that you still defend it, total devotion I must say. ICF should have a dedicated Pandya fanclub somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

Shami has bowled ok but ishant Sharma has proven yet again that he's useless. When can we move on from this loser? 

Has bowled well.. He's just unlucky... and has been for the last 10 years :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Moochad said:

38448256_10160603828120183_6414480179938

 

via @bowl_out

 

Shami, Umesh and BK all are underwhelming by this chart. Ishant has been good.

 

Ashwin :hatsoff:

 

 

 

We can't just pick opening bowlers.

 

This is how our bowlers have fared in the last 5 years.

 

Bumrah, Shami and Bhuvi have all averaged between 24 and 29.

 

Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM AveAscending Econ SR 5 10  
PP Ojha 2013-2013 2 4 66.2 17 178 11 5/40 10/89 16.18 2.68 36.1 2 1 investigate this query
RA Jadeja 2013-2018 31 59 1433.1 363 3416 144 7/48 10/154 23.72 2.38 59.7 8 1 investigate this query
R Ashwin 2013-2018 44 81 1930.4 390 5574 231 7/59 13/140 24.12 2.88 50.1 17 5 investigate this query
B Kumar 2013-2018 17 30 494.0 132 1405 57 6/82 8/96 24.64 2.84 52.0 4 0 investigate this query
JJ Bumrah 2018-2018 3 6 112.1 16 353 14 5/54 7/111 25.21 3.14 48.0 1 0 investigate this query
A Mishra 2015-2016 9 18 267.4 44 853 33 4/43 7/72 25.84 3.18 48.6 0 0 investigate this query
Mohammed Shami 2013-2018 32 61 989.4 172 3356 116 5/28 9/118 28.93 3.39 51.1 3 0 investigate this query
I Sharma 2013-2018 33 60 1019.3 198 3170 101 7/74 9/162 31.38 3.10 60.5 5 0 investigate this query
J Yadav 2016-2017 4 8 104.3 19 367 11 3/30 4/68 33.36 3.51 57.0 0 0 investigate this query
UT Yadav 2014-2018 29 58 772.3 147 2635 74 4/32 6/71 35.60 3.41 62.6 0 0 investigate this query
Z Khan 2013-2014 4 7 195.3 31 702 16 5/170 5/223 43.87 3.59 73.3 1 0 investigate this query
VR Aaron 2014-2015 8 12 166.1 8 818 15 3/97 3/97 54.53 4.92 66.4 0 0 investigate this query
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 12 of 12   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page
Go to page  


 

 

 

 

 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin1=10;qualval1=wickets;spanmax1=11+Aug+2018;spanmin1=11+Aug+2013;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=bowling

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post

OP is correct, although this pitch isn't a minefield, it was when it was cloudy, but it wasn't during the bulk of the English innings. 

 

Ishant and Shami are the so-called spearheads, therefore they must bear the brunt of the blame if the bowling attack fails to silence the English bats. 

 

Ultimately, any new bowler(s) like Siraj, will have to replace one/both of these two if they fail. They aren't going to be replacing backups after all...

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

 

We can't just pick opening bowlers.

 

This is how our bowlers have fared in the last 5 years.

 

Bumrah, Shami and Bhuvi have all averaged between 24 and 29.

 

Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM AveAscending Econ SR 5 10  
PP Ojha 2013-2013 2 4 66.2 17 178 11 5/40 10/89 16.18 2.68 36.1 2 1 investigate this query
RA Jadeja 2013-2018 31 59 1433.1 363 3416 144 7/48 10/154 23.72 2.38 59.7 8 1 investigate this query
R Ashwin 2013-2018 44 81 1930.4 390 5574 231 7/59 13/140 24.12 2.88 50.1 17 5 investigate this query
B Kumar 2013-2018 17 30 494.0 132 1405 57 6/82 8/96 24.64 2.84 52.0 4 0 investigate this query
JJ Bumrah 2018-2018 3 6 112.1 16 353 14 5/54 7/111 25.21 3.14 48.0 1 0 investigate this query
A Mishra 2015-2016 9 18 267.4 44 853 33 4/43 7/72 25.84 3.18 48.6 0 0 investigate this query
Mohammed Shami 2013-2018 32 61 989.4 172 3356 116 5/28 9/118 28.93 3.39 51.1 3 0 investigate this query
I Sharma 2013-2018 33 60 1019.3 198 3170 101 7/74 9/162 31.38 3.10 60.5 5 0 investigate this query
J Yadav 2016-2017 4 8 104.3 19 367 11 3/30 4/68 33.36 3.51 57.0 0 0 investigate this query
UT Yadav 2014-2018 29 58 772.3 147 2635 74 4/32 6/71 35.60 3.41 62.6 0 0 investigate this query
Z Khan 2013-2014 4 7 195.3 31 702 16 5/170 5/223 43.87 3.59 73.3 1 0 investigate this query
VR Aaron 2014-2015 8 12 166.1 8 818 15 3/97 3/97 54.53 4.92 66.4 0 0 investigate this query
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 12 of 12   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page
Go to page  


 

 

 

 

 

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin1=10;qualval1=wickets;spanmax1=11+Aug+2018;spanmin1=11+Aug+2013;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=bowling

stats in the pic I posted seem off, im not sure where they come from .

Edited by Moochad

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Sachinism said:

Yaar, what match were you watching? 

There was nothing there for the bowlers.

Some natural seam on the Lords slope, that's it

Yes it was absolute patta. No turn as well. Historically lords doesn't spinners anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×