Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

Time is running out for KL Rahul

Just now, gakgupta said:

He has a massive issue with bowl coming in

He's locking himself out of a good position, tbh it's also in part because he got out fishing outside off. He's trying to remedy that, now the inswing gets him. In slightly better conditions I'd argue he will do well.

7 hours ago, Lannister said:

There's a reason ever since SA tour, no team has crossed 400 once in matches involving India. The wickets were extremely bowling-friendly and Cook is equally failing in those. 

Why is Cook relavant to this and he is on his last legs. Did he play in SA. When your opener struggles to get past single digit scores acxross two series and has such loose technique.If 30 or 40 ius the best he can offer on his best day looking for better options is not a bad idea.

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why is Cook relavant to this and he is on his last legs. Did he play in SA. When your opener struggles to get past single digit scores acxross two series and has such loose technique.If 30 or 40 ius the best he can offer on his best day looking for better options is not a bad idea.

It means their openers are also struggling and that too in their home conditions. Indian openeres have done well in this test match. 

12 hours ago, Lannister said:

It means their openers are also struggling and that too in their home conditions. Indian openeres have done well in this test match. 

Cook is on his last legs and he did not play in SA. Rahul has not shown anything yet to prove he is capable of handling tough bowling especially in seaming conditions.

Dhawan has scored more than Rahul since SA tour. No one is craving for Dhawan. Rahul will get his chances this series , if he is any good we will see.

Edited by putrevus

9 hours ago, putrevus said:

Cook is on his last legs and he did not play in SA. Rahul has not shown anything yet to prove he is capable of handling tough bowling especially in seaming conditions.

Dhawan has scored more than Rahul since SA tour. No one is craving for Dhawan. Rahul will get his chances this series , if he is any good we will see.

Cook is still their best isn't he? That's why he's still playing for them and he along with his partner are also struggling to score runs in these conditions. They grew up batting in these conditions and why do you think our openers are having a hard time. It's delusional if you think Prithvi Shaw will come and start scoring 50 against Anderson and Broad. This is a bowling pitch and much of the work is expected from them. Indian openers have done more than enough in this match. 

1 minute ago, velu said:

difference between kohli & rahul..

difference between sachin & kambli :phehe: 

Yup he needs to get his act right otherwise it would be same as Sachin and kambli. But I still have faith in him as I don't feel kohli is Sachin and Rahul is kambli.:p:

1 minute ago, velu said:

you are right .. kohli is better than sachin :yess:

Nope Rahul is no kambli . between kohli and Sachin we already have tagwar going on in another thread. u don't like to hijacked this thread by usual suspects.:shot:

He has this weeknes against incoming delivery. I still feel he can rectify it all he needs to do is work harder especially being an opener.

Same weakness Rohit too has... Also Rohit too can keep wickets if required. Rohit can also bowl part time.

It’s about time Rohit replaces KLPD Rahul...

:agree:

I think we give him Australia series or half of it . Just hoping he turns up good. Even kohli failed on first england tour. Jennings get so many chances on home pitches . We need to be patient . Or at least first two tests in Australia.  No point in having musical chairs. Vijay is gone. Dhawan gets few more before he gets booted out . So shaw will replace dhawan. 

As for rahul, we will need to see if he is a rohit/kohli in making and take a call. If its rohit then he gets banished from tests. Let's hope we unearth the next kohli and get lucky.

31 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Nothing again, he has played six straight tests and has done nothing.How can Shaw be any worse.

And if Shaw failed you move to another, why being so impatient with younger guys. What is it opinion on dhwan. How he is better than Rahul,just because he scored 5-10 extra run he seems better to u.

57 minutes ago, prasen82 said:

I think we give him Australia series or half of it . Just hoping he turns up good. Even kohli failed on first england tour. Jennings get so many chances on home pitches . We need to be patient . Or at least first two tests in Australia.  No point in having musical chairs. Vijay is gone. Dhawan gets few more before he gets booted out . So shaw will replace dhawan. 

As for rahul, we will need to see if he is a rohit/kohli in making and take a call. If its rohit then he gets banished from tests. Let's hope we unearth the next kohli and get lucky.

Dhawan will not go.

He will make merry in the home series and stay on.

4 hours ago, raki05 said:

And if Shaw failed you move to another, why being so impatient with younger guys. What is it opinion on dhwan. How he is better than Rahul,just because he scored 5-10 extra run he seems better to u.

Rahul is young so cannot be dropped ,Rahane is VC so cannot be dropped, they are playing with 5 batsmen. Pandya is all rounder so cannot be dropped.So who will bat for this team.

When playing with 5 batsmen and a very long tail , there is no scope for giving extended run  or carrying passengers.Bowlers are working their butts off in keeping this team in contests. We should have won SA series and also leading this one but for these inept batsmen.

Rahane and Rahul have done nothing for last two series.Rahul is getting out in similar way , it means bowlers have found his weakness and it is upto to him to come with answers.You cannot expect team to be one batsmen show and compete.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Distraught, my 2nd favorite batsman has let me down big time. On this type of track he could have made a name for himself.

Do not worry. There are three innings to correct himself. Even if he fails, there are easier series coming where he can stabilize his position with some good performances. Remember, he has his shot in this Australian tour. 

Just now, Gollum said:

Distraught, my 2nd favorite batsman Rahul has let me down big time. On this type of track he could have made a name for himself.

Personally I don't think he is an opener , at this stage of career would be more suited to bat 5 and move to 3 when Pujara finishes. 

3 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Personally I don't think he is an opener , at this stage of career would be more suited to bat 5 and move to 3 when Pujara finishes. 

You are right,he is too loose for a opener. 

It's too early to call him for Test cricket in a quick time based on shorter format performances where this guy is yet to mature and to deliver patient inning. He is still not settled and mentally he is still in ODIs. Poor shot selection made him worst. This guy is asset for India and selection committee is responsible for calling him early as Pant. Both are fail in Test. These guys needs to play patient innings and choose right ball to play. :cantstop:

Big disappointment so far ...And we cannot blame even the team management. They gave him enough chances .Badly wish he played a good 2nd  inns  so that team have any chance of chasing down set target. Lot depends of him and Dhawan and both of them has been hugely off the mark till now.

Just now, putrevus said:

You are right,he is too loose for a opener. 

yes he is.

No matter what the result in this test I would play Shaw  in next test . . It's at the Oval the best batting strip in England , he is a natural opener, it gives him experience of atmosphere, then tests in India against West Indies to score some runs ready for Australia. 

Rahul and Kohli' at 4 and 5 give two stroke makers for an older ball 

I think he need a break from cricket. This is what happens when you tinker with a player's position, especially when that player is still finding his feet.

He's already a big name in IPL. He shouldn't be worried too much if he lost his test spot.

Yeah right we will blame everyone except the player. Sehwag was a middle order batsman who was converted to an opener but he did alright.

It is not the tinkering  which is the causing this, do these guys have ability at all, scoring a hundred on flat Sydney pitch does not making him a good batsman.

Need to stick with this guy.

Him and Dhawan are actually been decent last few innings and slowly building into half-decent opening pair, already they are averaging 60+ as opening partnership. 

I would say continue playing both, give them guarantee they will play till end of Aussie series. 

But keep Shaw in the squad. 

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Rahul is young so cannot be dropped ,Rahane is VC so cannot be dropped, they are playing with 5 batsmen. Pandya is all rounder so cannot be dropped.So who will bat for this team.

Ya as per you everyone shall be dropped other than dhawan and kohli....kohli for obvious reason and dhwan coz u see no issues with his 20-30 inspite of playing every damn test series from 2013.but I can never forget that he was  the main culprit for first test loss. Rahane as well is not doing justice to his overseas reputation  which he earned during last tour.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

When playing with 5 batsmen and a very long tail , there is no scope for giving extended run  or carrying passengers.Bowlers are working their butts off in keeping this team in contests. We should have won SA series and also leading this one but for these inept batsmen.

Rahane and Rahul have done nothing for last two series.Rahul is getting out in similar way , it means bowlers have found his weakness and it is upto to him to come with answers.You cannot expect team to be one batsmen show and compete.

What about dhwan who is getting out same way since 2013?

Rahul-Dhawan are giving the team decent starts (60,60,37) but neither of them are kicking on from there. Both of them are looking fairly comfortable at the crease till they get out.

Rahane has been a bigger problem than Rahul and Dhawan.

If Rahane doesn't play well in the 2nd innings of this match, get Prithvi Shaw in his place, and bat him at #5 or #1 (with Rahul at #5).

39 minutes ago, philcric said:

Rahul-Dhawan are giving the team decent starts (60,60,37) but neither of them are kicking on from there. Both of them are looking fairly comfortable at the crease till they get out.

Rahane has been a bigger problem than Rahul and Dhawan.

If Rahane doesn't play well in the 2nd innings of this match, get Prithvi Shaw in his place, and bat him at #5 or #1 (with Rahul at #5).

Spot on. Opening is not that concerning as the lower middle order.