Ashwin - Top scorer in both the innings !!!

velu

51 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

His main job is to get wickets. He got 0, batting is mostly inconsequential if top order fails collectively.

there are times when others need to step up for your inefficiency because of unfavourable conditions.That is called team work.yes Ashwin was ineffective with the ball .But he made up for that by averaging  62 with the bat.In the first test he took  7 wkts and avg:ed

a mere 20+ . He has played his role as an all rounder to perfection. He can't be blamed for the performance of other pedestrians in the team.

It was a wicket and condition designed for clouderson  as we saw. Seamers should have done a better job. Having said that i am not even hard on them because their bowling style absolutely doesn't suit to exploit these conditions. You have to be a line and length swing bowlers to introduce doubts in the minds of batsmen. 

To be frank this is one match where I do not blame at all the team for loosing because  of the playing conditions which were tailor a made for a home country. And that is where the loss in the first test become even more vital.A great team like  2000 Aussies would never have allowed to slip that match from 87-7 in the 2nd inns. Out batters instead collectively lost the match. 

18 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

It was a wicket and condition designed for clouderson  as we saw. Seamers should have done a better job. Having said that i am not even hard on them because their bowling style absolutely doesn't suit to exploit these conditions. You have to be a line and length swing bowlers to introduce doubts in the minds of batsmen. 

but seamers did not bowl in the same conditions as Anderson.

18 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

To be frank this is one match where I do not blame at all the team for loosing because  of the playing conditions which were tailor a made for a home country. And that is where the loss in the first test become even more vital.A great team like  2000 Aussies would never have allowed to slip that match from 87-7 in the 2nd inns. Out batters instead collectively lost the match. 

the biggest problem was India got the worst batting conditions in both innings and England batted on the day when sun was out and we also played one less pacer that hurt us big time.  Bairstaw-Woakes flourished because we lacked 4th seamer and also Ishant went missing.  Shami had a good day, Pandya was also okay.  Spinners were anyway not going make much impact but if one your three seamers went missing, you have nowhere to hide in flattish conditions that we got to bowl.