Fire in Babylonia

R!TTER

Can this tour do for India, what Aus tour did for the mighty Windies?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Can this tour do for India, what Aus tour did for the mighty Windies?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not trying to retrace the making of the best team ever assembled, but will a serious drubbing put enough fire in the belly of Koach to do what Clive Lloyd did back then? To reiterate - Kohli cannot and will not ever match Lloyd, the greatest captain ever IMO, but will he be able to bring the seachange that also made Windies virtually unbeatable for over 2 decades?

2 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I agree with what the zen master said. 

Ye come to India waale launde kya ATG team banaenge. 

His confrontational attitude does concern me, I'm wondering however if this is all Kohli or does cheerleader in chief have a big role to play in inflating these prima donnas' self worth?

6 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

His confrontational attitude does concern me, I'm wondering however if this is all Kohli or does cheerleader in chief have a big role to play in inflating these prima donnas' self worth?

Coaches who try to instill discipline are booted out. Cases include Chappell, Kumble, etc. .... Bedi had once remarked about throwing the entire team in to the ocean when they lost a match from winning position (and that time match fixing had invaded Indian cricket) ....  I don't think players generally even respect Shastri .... We need someone who can strike a balance. Examples could include Gary, Wright, ....  

Their are captains :every other captain their are good captains :azhar,vadekar,kohli

Their are leaders :kapil,imran,ranatunga,ganguly,waugh,dhoni,taylor,graham smith

And then  their are 

Visionaries :only Two fits this category 

Clive Lloyd and Allan border 

When Lloyd's windies received that phainta from Australia in particular Lillie and Thommo 5-1 ,it was not just the  performance but the racial slurs from Aussies that spur something in him which made him realize that he needs fast bowlers and fearless batters to counter Aussie's and English, that's when he said clearly to selectors that he wants pacers.

With Australia in 80's being shyte team border and Simpson led the foundation for a tough cricket culture and tough shield competition that led to the future of Australian cricket, if India wants to do well, they don't need leaders they need visionaries, those who think of 10-15-20 Yrs.

India can be a very good team at best, not an ATG team. We get satisfied by a few limited overs victories or some stellar performance by an individual & his rankings. There needs to be a plan not just for the next WC or the upcoming SENA trip but also for choosing & developing those players who will be instrumental for years to come. Sadly, none of this is going to happen.