Now Ganguly and Robert Key says Pujara has no Intent while batting

We have blamed kohli, but in pujara case......I dnt blame him much.

Pujara has srs issues and thats why he failed overseas in 1st cycle when kohli was not that captain

Ganguly in post match - He doesnt even score on poor ball, in these conditions u cnt do that....one or the other will get u 

Robert key in Post match podcast also blasted pujara approach

Link - https://t.co/CyrgXCLyDg from 11.15 

I have no problem with his SR, but in conditions like these you can't defend forever. You must look to score or at least rotate the strike consistently otherwise you are doomed because eventually the batsman will get an absolute ripper & that's what happened with Pujara. He was pathetically stuck at the crease & was damn lucky Broad didn't get him way before.

7 hours ago, InziRules said:

He has a strike rate of 41 outside India. Possibly even lower outside the subcontinent. That is Azhar Ali tailender level strike rates.

I think you all can guess by now that I don't like Azhar Ali. You can't bat 100 balls for 40 runs and expect praise. It may be tests, but some intent is required. Pujara currently is playing worse than Azhar Ali, who has started scoring faster and added some shots. Pujara's actually gotten slower, and you can't afford 17 off 87's. Any other batsman would have 20-30 more runs. That is a huge difference. 

If Kohli is batting, I'm scared as the opposition. Hell, if Dhawan bats for long, I'd be scared. If Pujara is batting for 6 hours, you're wondering if he got his 50 or not.

Went on Cricinfo

Pujara Strike Rates in tests in: 

Australia 42.67

South Africa 38.88

England 38.58

New Zealand 32.78

West Indies 27.43

This is absolutely unacceptable at this level

For contrast, Azhar Ali:

Australia 46.24

England 40.40

NZ 32.33

SA 29.95

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/39037.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;orderby=batting_strike_rate;template=results;type=allround

Azhar is FASTER in England than Pujara -_-

Doesn't matter if he plays at SR of 20. But after that when he gets out, he leaves everything nowhere.

13 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

I have no problem with his SR, but in conditions like these you can't defend forever. You must look to score or at least rotate the strike consistently otherwise you are doomed because eventually the batsman will get an absolute ripper & that's what happened with Pujara. He was pathetically stuck at the crease & was damn lucky Broad didn't get him way before.

He plays 80 balls for his 15 runs which is good, but then he needs to cash in on those starts. Convert that 80 balls 15 to 140 balls 50 and 230 balls century.

50 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

He plays 80 balls for his 15 runs which is good, but then he needs to cash in on those starts. Convert that 80 balls 15 to 140 balls 50 and 230 balls century.

51 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Doesn't matter if he plays at SR of 20. But after that when he gets out, he leaves everything nowhere.

But that's the problem na, one will get a brute of a delivery and be dismissed when ur facing Steyn Rabada Anderson Starc etc. So one needs to score at a suitable clip after the initial overs at the crease.

Dravid too learnt the lesson in a tour or two, intially he used to get frustrated and react slightly on getting beaten. With experience and maturity one realizes that perfection in defense is nowhere as worthy a target as runs on the board.

5 minutes ago, Clarke said:

But that's the problem na, one will get a brute of a delivery and be dismissed when ur facing Steyn Rabada Anderson Starc etc. So one needs to score at a suitable clip after the initial overs at the crease.

Not suitable but atleast put bad balls away thts what ganguly said that he didnt even score on poor balls 

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

That's the problem, he isn't even crossing that 50-70 run mark. It hurts the team if he plays 80+ balls and adds only 15 runs to the scoreboard, then gets out. 

We get back to square one, losing an additional wicket & the end of much needed partnership.

I am not concerned by his SR, but concerned that he is not putting away the bad balls. Because what that does is, allows bowlers to bowl in any area they want to set you up. When they know even if the ball doesn't come out well it will not be punished, they can try anything they want. This is why more often that not Pujara gets a brute ball every now and then and ends up dismissed.

In subcontinent he readily puts away bad balls against spin, so he thrives there.

7 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

I am not concerned by his SR, but concerned that he is not putting away the bad balls. Because what that does is, allows bowlers to bowl in any area they want to set you up. When they know even if the ball doesn't come out well it will not be punished, they can try anything they want. This is why more often that not Pujara gets a brute ball every now and then and ends up dismissed.

In subcontinent he readily puts away bad balls against spin, so he thrives there.

Bro outside Asia you will not get spinners to milk upon..