Fun and giggle aside, these have been really flattening defeats

SK_IH

Really disappointed with Virat. Although he was par excellence with bat in the 1st test but how the things have completely unravelled has been shocking.The two day defeat was reminiscent of the despair and gutlessness of the previous tours

Poor team selection and lack of preparation has been clear and it betrays all fake bluster Virat shows about his seriousness regarding test matches.As Gavaskar rightly said in one of his article, Virat might not be needing all the practice but others do.

This was a golden oppurtunity to demolish Eng and once gain everything has gone down the drain. What is particularly irritaing is its not been Root and Cook who have done the damage with the bat but its been the ensemble cast of batting lineup that we have been unable to restrict.

Batting looks under prepared and apparently looks lost .Bowelrs cant be relied upon to seize the initiative  and captaincy has been same old mundane, defensive follow the ball type.

All in all, 5-0 is imminent, however some changes are bound to happen but i dont see many happening with kind of backup selected.I hope all the experts and analysts who overrate this Ind side , dont tag them as favourites for the Aus tour later in the year, this mediocre team cannot starts as favorites any where outside Asia.

Hum honge kaamyaab ek din....:hide:

19 minutes ago, nevada said:

Can't remember a bigger flop show than this in recent memory. It is as if the entire team is a bunch of imposters or under some sorceror's spell. Can't bat, can't bowl, can't field. 

Test series lost vs SA this year. :cantstop:

3 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

I'll be honest - I think subconsciously it irritates me a great deal that Pakistan won a match there recently, and India is laying eggs.  That's why it was so important, from a fan-ego perspective, to win at Edgbaston when the chance was there.  

They gave away the momentum right there so now it’s going to be difficult to win the series or even hoping to play for a draw.

7 hours ago, Lala said:

abey the way we played that series, your minnow team can't even dream of fighting like that, it wasn't a flop show, it was a missed opportunity, come back here when your team avoids a whitewash in south africa next time

7 hours ago, Lala said:

No Paaji. We had a chance there. Infact we did lot of homework before landing in Africa like a home series on green tops against Sri Lanka.

In England, All our strike bowlers are still injured despite half of the series is over. And offcourse, Kohli is busy doing what he does best, Mixing with his fnds and family

Edited by mishra
1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

What pains me is that this England side isn't great from any side..Cook is struggling,Root has conversion problems, there is always someone debuting for England for Opening and middle order spot and still We found a way to get rolled over by this side.

The way it's going we will make struggling Aussies look like an all time great team.

1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

What pains me is that this England side isn't great from any side..Cook is struggling,Root has conversion problems, there is always someone debuting for England for Opening and middle order spot and still We found a way to get rolled over by this side.

Exactly ,it really pains to lose to this average English side .

they've been beaten in at least 1 test in every home series since 2014 except against srl in 2017.

0-1 against srl 2014 

1-1 against nzl 2015,3-2 against aus 2015 

2-2 against pak 2016 

2-1 against Windies 2017 ,3-1 against saf 2017 

3 hours ago, Adi BB said:

Exactly ,it really pains to lose to this average English side .

they've been beaten in at least 1 test in every home series since 2014 except against srl in 2017.

0-1 against srl 2014 

1-1 against nzl 2015,3-2 against aus 2015 

2-2 against pak 2016 

2-1 against Windies 2017 ,3-1 against saf 2017 

1-1 against Pak in 2018.

3 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

Punjabi brotherhood in full fledged display ....

That day I actually felt bad for Rohit as he was the only one you could see was visibly upset while Kohli and cheerleader gang were laughing it out on dirty Punjabi jokes.

Was dhoni laughing too? 

3 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

Punjabi brotherhood in full fledged display ....

That day I actually felt bad for Rohit as he was the only one you could see was visibly upset while Kohli and cheerleader gang were laughing it out on dirty Punjabi jokes.

I believe they were making fun of Ajmal and his catching technique.