Confidence in Pant's ability with the Bat and Gloves in England?

How confident are you guys that he would do well here? Guys who are "supposedly" having solid techniques like Rahane,Vijay,Pujara,Kohli,DK,Rahul have struggled in these conditions.

Now coming to keeping,I have seen DK and Bairstow fail to collect or judge straightforward deliveries at times because the amount the ball wobbles in the air.I thought earlier it was DK's ineptness but saw even Bairstow struggle a few times.

How will Pant keep here in these conditions. That is in fact the bigger question and the most crucial one.

Pant has an unorthodox technique,so might get a few runs,even if he fails given how the other batsman are sucking on this tour,he might go under the radar. However if he fails in the keeping department,it will be very difficult to come back from that.

I think it is a double edged sword,we have to play Pant now or we will never know and given how others have performed he deserves a chance. At the same time,this would be a make or break challenge for him and a failure here might do a lot of damage.

Just now, beetle said:

He can't do worse than dk or parthiv.

Even if he fails this series...we can hope that he learns from this and gets better.

Dk and PP have not done that for over a decade.Pant deserves at least a few series .

Not denying that. However,given how these conditions are looking and the ball generating this movement through the air ,It becomes very challenging,probably ,just like  it would be for a SENA keeper in subcontinent.

Also let us not forget the fact how inefficient our coaching especially in the fielding department is. Will they do the ground work or the analysis to help Pant out?

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Not denying that. However,given how these conditions are looking and the ball generating this movement through the air ,It becomes very challenging,probably ,just like  it would be for a SENA keeper in subcontinent.

Also let us not forget the fact how inefficient our coaching especially in the fielding department is. Will they do the ground work or the analysis to help Pant out?

Since we know that it is a tough tour to debut, we should just have realistic expectations from any debutant we might get this series. 

Give them a bit of rope to make mistakes and not judge them for this series.

1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

PP would have batted much better than DK, this I can guarantee you. A quick fluent 20-30 runs for sure in atleast 1 innings per match. Hell as an opener, he would have done better than current openers. Enough for our FTBs like kohli to shine.

PP would have floored more catches too.:p:

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

Bhai...I am not lucky like you.

You get to roll in dhoni :money:for your PR.

I do it free like aashirvaad to the bachcha.:om:

Not really on Dhoni's payroll am I ? Would have made more sense atleast if you claimed I m on Anti- Sachin payroll.

Chalooo delhi wali aunty supporting his Delhi wala bacha like lanni supporting his state wala Rahul. 

I’ve never watched Pant keep beyond some highlights, so won’t comment on that.

Unless he is a demonstrably worse keeper than Karthik (who is very mediocre), he should be tried out over the next three matches. 

There is no point continuing with deadwood like Karthik. Saha should be first choice keeper and a promising young keeper his understudy. Whether that is Pant or someone else, I don’t know.

3 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Not really on Dhoni's payroll am I ? Would have made more sense atleast if you claimed I m on Anti- Sachin payroll.

Chalooo delhi wali aunty supporting his Delhi wala bacha like lanni supporting his state wala Rahul. 

Bhai even I like Pant will admit he plays for DD so bit supportive of him but in general you need a good replacement for Dhoni like how he was when he made his debut.

You won’t like to see a wk batsman as a finisher like Pant still early days and long way to go for him also there is attachment for him cause he was coached by my favourite Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid.

2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Bhai even I like Pant will admit he plays for DD so bit supportive of him but in general you need a good replacement for Dhoni like how he was when he made his debut.

You won’t like to see a wk batsman as a finisher like Pant still early days and long way to go for him also there is attachment for him cause he was coached by my favourite Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid.

Is there a replacement for Dravid in present test team ?

Dravid,Dhoni,kapil and Kohli are once in a life time players. There is no replacement for them also he is not the only one who is coached by Dravid. That can't be a proper reason to back him.