Wtf statements you have heard from people.

beetle

21 minutes ago, beetle said:

What?

Tomatoes in spinach dal causes cancer?

How did they see it happen and how do they prove it was caused by the combination?

I would have had cancer long time back..

Elders have their own ways of knowing.  You have to believe.  

12 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Elders have their own ways of knowing.  You have to believe.  

My F-i-L claims this as well, it seems his factory canteen stopped it as many uncles complained. This is a serious belief among some. I haver seen any scientific report on this aspect. I have used it when I cook, but these days I have given up the fight as its tough to fight a belief.

some funny responses..

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-safe-to-use-tomatoes-along-with-spinach-while-cooking-Does-it-cause-any-kinds-of-cancer

Edited by coffee_rules

Pandya is an allrounder!

j/k

wifey never passes salt from hand to hand, she thinks it leads to fights. 
She doesn't put tomatoes in Spinach dal - believes it causes brain cancer. Taught by her dad.

Not passing salt from hand to hand is so religiously followed in my home. Couple of weeks back my little daughter handed me a salt packet. We are yet to fight though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, nikred said:

Not passing salt from hand to hand is so religiously followed in my home. Couple of weeks back my little daughter handed me a salt packet. We are yet to fight though. emoji23.png

Don't be so quick to dismiss such advice as mere superstitions.  1000s of years ago, our ancestors did these things because of some scientific reason and passed the wisdom on.  And the effects could manifest weeks or months down the line - the next time you get upset with your little daughter when she throws a tantrum, it will be because of the salt-exchange.  

Edited by Brainfade

9 hours ago, nikred said:

Not passing salt from hand to hand is so religiously followed in my home. Couple of weeks back my little daughter handed me a salt packet. We are yet to fight though. emoji23.png

It is a Golt thing , I guess.  There is one family, they would not utter the word 'salt'. Instead they would say 'sugar' twice. Uttering the word 'salt' is considered inauspicious!