ICF - Chanders has volunteered to help you guys!!

Sloane84

Not boasting..............FACT.  Check his scoreline in that test at Lords.......Chanders is a BOSS

The real issue is that Indian batsmen have failed miserably to make the changes necessary to survive and prosper in typical English conditions.........on a long 5 test tour.

For that, we must blame the administrators and management of Indian cricket.

Why is a loafer like Shastri the coach of the test side ?

Is Kohli the right person to captain the side ?  .....great batsman, but very poor captain.  Perhaps Ashwin should be a stop-gap captain with a view to Rahul being the future long-term option.

All in all, India have no one to blame but themselves, and a 5-0 defeat here is more than likely.

To the poster who said "still lost by 200+ runs. "

What is the test ranking of India ??

What is the test ranking of the West Indies ?

Doesn't No. 1 ranking mean that more batsmen in the "No. 1" side should be making a lot more runs like Kohli / Chanders ??

Open your minds.

25 minutes ago, Sloane84 said:

To the poster who said "still lost by 200+ runs. "

What is the test ranking of India ??

What is the test ranking of the West Indies ?

Doesn't No. 1 ranking mean that more batsmen in the "No. 1" side should be making a lot more runs like Kohli / Chanders ??

Open your minds.

hey man welcome to the forum. Stick around.

he ment Kohli scored 150 and 50 in first game India still lost, so he says couple of innings you mentioned there means nothing. The problem is most of bats fish outside offside..its very clear their bat speed and intention to play vs leave is not in tune with tests in Eng - its based on SC experience, its a very clear deficiency and a pretty straight forward fix. So yeah chill and hang around. 

Hi Vilander,  thanks for your civil response.

Yes....Indian batsmen show a number of deficiencies.......knowing when to leave is just one. Others are -not playing straight, not capable of playing late, not playing with soft hands........and the big one, not being mentally up for the fight.

Where is the attitude - I am here, I am playing for my country and neither you Anderson nor you Broad will get my wicket today ?

In other words - batting like Chanders in my opening post.

Hiring him as a batting consultant for the rest of the tour might help. For overseas tours in the future, I think the BCCI should look into hiring a batting and bowling consultant for the tour. As dismal as our players are overseas, I think they can play way better with the right guidance. Having spent a fortune on Uncle Shastri, the BCCIight be reluctant to spend further on coaching staff. The solution is simple - fire Shastri right away and save a bundle. 

"As dismal as our players are overseas, I think they can play way better with the right guidance"

Absolutely correct.  The problems lie with team management. You need professionals.

Also team selection - I would never have selected Dhawan nor Kartik for a test series outside the sub-continent, much less in England. These guys along with Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina should only play in colored clothing.

Vijay doesn't know where his next run is coming from, while Rahane can't help himself to waft his bat at deliveries outside off-stump.

The confidence of this side is gone and it's hard to not to see England going 3-0 up at Trent Bridge. 

BTW, I like Rishabh Pant and Shubman Gill. Gill reminds me of a young VVS Laxman.....very wristy.

14 hours ago, Sloane84 said:

Hi Vilander,  thanks for your civil response.

Yes....Indian batsmen show a number of deficiencies.......knowing when to leave is just one. Others are -not playing straight, not capable of playing late, not playing with soft hands........and the big one, not being mentally up for the fight.

Where is the attitude - I am here, I am playing for my country and neither you Anderson nor you Broad will get my wicket today ?

In other words - batting like Chanders in my opening post.

Ahhha !....Ab samajh aya....:smile:

OK, so I see Coach Ravi Shastri has read my posts

Shastri to team today  - Prepare to bat ugly and show grit...... like the great Shivnarine Chanderpaul !

With that said, the playing 11 for Trent Bridge in batting order will be:

Dhawan

Pujara

Rahul

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Pandya

Ashwin

Bumrah

Shami

Sharma

The Plan:

No more Vijay and trying to play swinging deliveries on the leg-side

Dhawan to play his natural game, with the gamble that he can get some runs on the board before he edges to Cook in the slips.

Pujara to bat and bat...and bat.

Rahane & Rahul to be more circumspect outside off-stump

Hope that Pant comes in after seeing off Anderson.

Pandya and Ashwin to shore up the batting.

4 seamers and a spinner in a must win test.

Another low-scoring encounter expected and every run will count and every catch has to be taken.

If all of this works out, India could just win the 3rd Test. If not, we are looking at 5-0.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:38 AM, Sloane84 said:

I am here, I am playing for my country and neither you Anderson nor you Broad will get my wicket today ?

they have it but,  the 'I am here and i am going to score lots of runs when you go wide' attitude is stronger than that and they get out before the other attitude comes to fore basically.