Send India's chief selector on tour with team: Sunil Gavaskar

Gavaskar now wants BCCI to step in and get the Chairman of selectors to be part of the tour selection committee.

"I know there are some selectors (Sarandeep Singh and Devang Gandhi) in England but BCCI should send the Chairman of selectors. The team management and chief selector should together pick the playing eleven. This will ease the pressure on that front from Virat. Because don't forget your playing eleven choice for the next test in Nottingham will be critical to keep the series alive else we will have to forget about it," he told India Today.

India have now lost four of their five away Tests this year and Gavaskar feels there is just too much pressure on Kohli as captain.

"When the team is not doing well, even if you are scoring, there is pressure on you as a captain. Virat will be facing the same pressure. Particularly because there have been questions asked on his selection of playing eleven in each game. So there is more pressure," Gavaskar reasoned.

Gavaskar said this would have been a non issue had the team had got its selection calls right. But the former captain feels the presence of a selector will help Kohli.
"Your selection in the last five away Tests have proven to be wrong. You just won the Johannesburg Test but four Tests have been lost. That's why to help Virat, not to constrain him, you need the chief selector there. Because sometimes you want to share your views on selection with selectors. It's after all the selectors who have given you the squad so it would be better if there is consultation between selectors and the team management," he said.

Link- https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/send-india-s-chief-selector-on-tour-with-team-sunil-gavaskar-1314522-2018-08-14

It is basically a more polite way of saying that Gavaskar has lost faith in Kohli and Shastri's playing 11 selections.

Well done Gavaskar  !
He's just trying to fool people and divert attention from the real issue.
Issue is the lack of practice and proper management /coaching and just not team selection

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Only person who seems to be giving mixed messages is Dada. Probably he is not allowed to criticise Shashtri Kohli team management.

Tendulkar advising Kohli to go with his instincts i.e. Dont listen to family friends and Shashtri and do you best.

Gavaskar saying Chief selector needed for selecting team. i.e Kohli cant do his job

Dravid not saying anything.

Laxman saying  team needs to believe in itself. i.e God help us

Ganguli probably is under gagging order to speak about team