When Former Prime Minister advised Saurav Ganguly before the historic tour to Pakistan in 2004,"Khel hi nahi Dil bhi jeetiye"

Suhaan

Today we mourn the loss of our beloved former Prime Minister Shree Atal Bihari Vajpayee,a  true statesman....I know this one is not much into Cricket Talk ....but still ,I remember there was an instance when, before leaving for Pak ,the Indian cricket team visited our then Prime Minister where he was quoted as saying"Khel hi nahi dil bhi jeetiye"

It meant a lot , winning at any cost wasnt his mantra,he meant it would be best if you win hearts of the Pakistanis as well.. sports should be played with passion not with unnecessary aggression

Rest In Peace Sir

He got elected as MP from Delhi and I went to listen to his speech. He was one of the top orators I ever heard. It was late at night but his delivery was nothing but magnificient.

Little bit naive in dealing with pakistan but he was a good person. His counterpart Nawas Sharif was a good person too but the dynamics is such that Kashmir problem can never be solved.

Somehow India at the top has been very lucky that Vajpayee, Narsimaha Rao, Shastri, Manmohan Singh, Modi etc. never did it for personal gain.

Man, felt real bad. But every journey which begins, has a ending. India lost a great son, And nation became a wee bit poorer yesterday.

Despite all

our ups and downs, both Indians and Pakistani cricket fans have good memories of that one series. Kudos to players ,political establishment and media for carrying the Shri Vajpayeji message throughout the series. Probably best series between two nations

3 hours ago, mishra said:

Man, felt real bad. But every journey which begins, has a ending. India lost a great son, And nation became a wee bit poorer yesterday.

Despite all

our ups and downs, both Indians and Pakistani cricket fans have good memories of that one series. Kudos to players ,political establishment and media for carrying the Shri Vajpayeji message throughout the series. Probably best series between two nations

Then kargil. Cherry on the top.