England vs India, 3rd Test Trent Bridge - 18-22 Aug - Match Thread

Trent Bridge match winner  

55 members have voted

1. 1. 3rd Test : Who will take the final wicket?

• Bumrah
    • Shami
    • Ashwin
    • Ishant
    • Pandya

This poll is closed to new votes

49 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Truly jealous of the talent options that the Poms have. They pick up Sam Curran, he rattles us in Match 1. Stokes sits, Woakes plays, kills us in Test 2. Now they have the luxury of sitting Match 1 hero Curran. Quite a happy headache for Root.

Their conditions man. Remember there was a spinning all rounder for India forgot his name when England toured he scored 50-60 runs and picked 3 wits as well. 

11 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

come on , thats why we watch sports. 

lets say if our 3 openers in first test had score 10 extra run each series would have been 1-1

Watching is different from making a candid assessment. I don't say India can never win there. I just say we need to bring in fresh talents. Age should not be held against them just because these rockstars want to have a long career.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

First time I see the match. I see a somewhat reddish dry pitch with very little grass. More importantly, no cloud but sunny. I suppose the conditions are less challenging compared to the last 2 tests. Hope they capitalize on their starts. Each one of them.

That's too much optimism from you for today sarji

We will surely do well now,I hope you didn't jinx it though:giggle:

Edited by RAZPOR
Just now, vvvslaxman said:

First time I see the match. I see a somewhat reddish dry pitch with very little grass. More importantly, no cloud but sunny. I suppose the conditions are less challenging compared to the last 2 tests. Hope they capitalize on their starts. Each one of them.

Mind you India have got a great bowling line up for this pitch .these type of pitches suit bumrah and shami ,also we have a performing spinner in ashwin against lefties. Anything over 250 will be challenging here especially if cloud covers gather tomorrow during England batting 

I think the key today was the opening partnership ,that has given all batsmen some confidence.We would have been all out for 150 again had there been a wicket in first 3 overs or so.

So I guess credit where it's due,but atleast one of Rahul and Dhawan should have made a big score here.But still an improvement .