Let Pujara play the way he can

Number

From sometime now Kohli has spoken in public that he doesn't want his batsmen to go in shell and be over defensive.

Shastri too afaik has spoken on this.

Many experts have been cribbing about Pujara's attitude.

I feel this has affected Pujara's game. The shot he played was a result of this.

He is one batsman capable of spending time in tough conditions. We should let him bat the way he can. Being aggressive is not his game if you want an aggressive batsman you can drop him and play someone like Rohit Sharma.

Edited by Number
9 minutes ago, Lannister said:

It's his own fault. He had a lot of time to work on his technique since he plays only one format. At 30+, he should be guiding the team not looking meek. It's time to move on. 

i dont think there is much fault with his technique, not everything is technique related.   Batting is more about your eyes and reflexes. how quickly one can judge the line and length  and react as quickly as possible to that.

This guy has had 8 years of international cricket. By now he should have figured what works for him and what doesnt. 

Kohli sucks if he forces his players to ditch their core game but this mentally fragile guy needs to grow a spine as well rather than continue failing at whatever he attempts outside subcontinent, be it blockathons or wannabe intent.

Just now, rkt.india said:

i dont think there is much fault with his technique, not everything is technique related.   Batting is more about your eyes and reflexes. how quickly one can judge the line and length  and react as quickly as possible to that.

This is not the first time he has failed in England. It's his technique which is vulnerable against swing and bounce. He is finished as a test cricketer. 

You are over-simplifying Pujara's technical problems. It is not Kohli's words that did him in. It is Pujara's technique that did him in. He is so used to those flat roads at Rajkot. Look at the difference in his overseas and India average. Staggering.  Even in county cricket with low pressure against lesser bowling, he was largely a hack so much so Ishant outscored him.  At this point i rate Ashwin above Pujara with bat in English conditions.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He saw the short ball , reacted to it, got in position to pull and didn't roll his wrists in the shot ... technique fault!

Just now, Tattieboy said:

He saw the short ball , reacted to it, got in position to pull and didn't roll his wrists in the shot ... technique fault!

He's never been good against the short balls, heck in India he was bounced out a few times. Technique is hardly an excuse in this case, he's just not good enough, surely he must've known that lunch was just 2 minutes away!

Just now, R!TTER said:

He's never been good against the short balls, heck in India he was bounced out a few times. Technique is hardly an excuse in this case, he's just not good enough, surely he must've known that lunch was just 2 minutes away!

No number 3 should be picked for international tests in England after his record at Yorkshire this season.