Let Pujara play the way he can

Number

Extremely disappointed in this phoney.What a colossal let down he has been.His innings @ Bangalore 2010 actually fooled me into thinking he is actually a quality bat coming out of Saurashtra pancakes.

Now,it's been close to a decade and he is still trying to make a name for himself as a complete batsman.But he is actually so lethal in sub continent,I am loathe to the thought of dropping him completely.

Its a difficult conundrum is this FTB

the batsman who played the most no: of practice matches in the form of county games  before the tests started, yet getting emphatically proven as the disaster batsman that he actually is. Now that Kuldeep who is a useful batsman at home too can play in India,

this hack needs to be dropped at the earliest.

1 minute ago, Number said:

I hope the "intent" gang is silenced.

Excellent knock from Pujara.

Pujara has turned out his batting form away from Asia.

There were genuine questions on his batting failures outside Asia. Look at these stats From 2014 to the start of the England tour, he had 16 tests, 28 innings, 645 runs@23 with 3 50s. Totalled 100 runs in 6 innings in SA earlier this year. Those stats cannot be ignored.

Great on him to have continued to work hard and completely banish that form first in England and now here. Hope he can continue playing like this.

3 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Pujara has turned out his batting form away from Asia.

There were genuine questions on his batting failures outside Asia. Look at these stats From 2014 to the start of the England tour, he had 16 tests, 28 innings, 645 runs@23 with 3 50s. Totalled 100 runs in 6 innings in SA earlier this year. Those stats cannot be ignored.

Great on him to have continued to work hard and completely banish that form first in England and now here. Hope he can continue playing like this.

That was a genuine worry. However that included his first Aus NZ and England tours. 

His match winning performances at home should have secured his place.

My issue with Kohli Shastri and management was that they were openly criticising his approach and even dropped him from Eng 1st test. 

When your team is getting bundled in 50 overs the s/r is the last thing to worry about.

13 minutes ago, Number said:

That was a genuine worry. However that included his first Aus NZ and England tours. 

His match winning performances at home should have secured his place.

My issue with Kohli Shastri and management was that they were openly criticising his approach and even dropped him from Eng 1st test. 

When your team is getting bundled in 50 overs the s/r is the last thing to worry about.

That is correct. They do get swayed by what is being said in the media and by the experts. Pujara has responded in the best way he can.

Career saving knock for Pujara. As you can see from the comments above, everyone was going for his head. To be honest, he did struggle a lot earlier. But this knock was gold and India neueded. Rhis.  Hopefully he can carry on from

here theough out the aeries and also knspire Rahane to score some and Rahul.