First Lady of Pakistan

Gollum

Bushra Imran :hatsoff:

Biwi ke saath tent free:phehe:. Imran had to go through this transformation to get a democratic mandate. No way would he have come close to winning with Jemima or Reham by his side. Now he has a wife whose attire resonates in the minds of the average Pakistanis as 100% Islamic. Mashallah will be fun to see Imran introduce this fine tent-woman to foreign dignitaries. After Reham's bold revelations won't surprise me at all if Immy's gay partner slips into a similar costume and accompanies Wazir-e-Azam during foreign visits...who will ever find out :dontknow:

No other country has such a specimen as 1st lady, not even the most kattar Islamic countries. And hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. If she decides to follow the Reham route God save Kaptan. Get a feeling padosis will be waaay more sympathetic to this ninja than to modern free spirited & independent minded 21st century British women. 

w2.jpg.41a3e4b7e9d29879411dcae1d8156e77.jpgw1.jpg.4c6675036792266b90db5224ca2ccb03.jpgw3.jpg.1654aa7c3c44a1ab608fd499e8e354df.jpg

Edited by Gollum

“I did not catch a glimpse of my wife’s face until after we were married. I proposed to her without seeing her because she had never met me without her face being covered with a full veil”. :adore:

“The only idea I had of what she looked like came from an old photograph I had seen in her house.”

The reason, the former cricketer explains, is that his bride will not meet men other than her husband with her face uncovered, nor venture unveiled outside her house, which she rarely leaves.

LINK

Edited by Gollum

This tent system is bad. Period.

No harm in being a religious teacher or anything of sorts but wearing such cloths reflects very poorly on Nation's image.

How can anyone justify this kind of regressive clothing in this day and age? 

On one hand you want to talk about how Imran went to Oxford and his overall general liberal attitude while otoh those same people refuse to talk about his wife parading in a ninja suit.

This sort of thing is degrading to a human being. There can't be any rational explanation for putting on such hideous attire.

2 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

This tent system is bad. Period.

No harm in being a religious teacher or anything of sorts but wearing such cloths reflects very poorly on Nation's image.

How can anyone justify this kind of regressive clothing in this day and age? 

On one hand you want to talk about how Imran went to Oxford and his overall general liberal attitude while otoh those same people refuse to talk about his wife parading in a ninja suit.

This sort of thing is degrading to a human being. There can't be any rational explanation for putting on such hideous attire.

This is the most shocking part. He's Oxford educated with a pretty much Western upbringing in his youth days. Was a global celebrity mingling with the high class society and exposed to worldly affairs. Had a British wife (Jew, liberal), then another modern Brit-Pak wife...now look at him. Either he has regressed in his mental outlook or this is a compromise for electoral purposes..either way reflects badly on him and Pakistan. Even countries like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Nigeria, Indonesia, Jordan have more presentable 1st ladies....Bushra looks so out of place in 2018. Hate these full veils, a hijab or African style head dress is perfectly acceptable...but covering one's face is unpardonable in this age.

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

This is the most shocking part. He's Oxford educated with a pretty much Western upbringing in his youth days. Was a global celebrity mingling with the high class society and exposed to worldly affairs. Had a British wife (Jew, liberal), then another modern Brit-Pak wife...now look at him. Either he has regressed in his mental outlook or this is a compromise for electoral purposes..either way reflects badly on him and Pakistan. Even countries like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Nigeria, Indonesia, Jordan have more presentable 1st ladies....Bushra looks so out of place in 2018. Hate these full veils, a hijab or African style head dress is perfectly acceptable...but covering one's face is unpardonable in this age.

I'm willing to accept the electoral compromise part. 

The guy was definitely a liberal as shown by his still healthy relationship with Jemima. No other reason seems plausible tbh.

Just now, Stradlater said:

I'm willing to accept the electoral compromise part. 

The guy was definitely a liberal as shown by his still healthy relationship with Jemima. No other reason seems plausible tbh.

It seems to me that Imran Khan deeply Believe in the "spirituality" of the Sufis and also of his 1st lady. But Sufis are themselves more accommodating to Secular Values as compared to Deobandi Sharia.

Sufis are Barailvis, but unfortunately Barailvis of today are leaving the Sufi teachings and they are themselves becoming Sharia followers just like Deobandis and Wahabis. 

Shias are also becoming Shariati. It is due to the Iranian Shariati Revolution. 

We don't know about Naya Pakistan (New Pakistan), but Naya Imran Khan is a Sufi and under the influence of his Sufi Peerni Wife. 

If she only put the veil on after getting married to him then I would understand the stick he is getting for it. However it appears that she already dressed this way before Khan even knew her so its a bit harsh to pin this on him.

Regarding the electorate appeal, I doubt that most Pakistani women wear the face veil. I haven't been there but judging from their own reactions it doesnt seem to be the norm.

Finally, I dont support the idea that a subcontinental first lady is supposed to be a western type of liberal. If she wants to be, good for her, but I dont see any issue if Indias own first lady would be a strict brahmin with the dietary and cooking guidelines that accompany it. 21st century does not equate to becoming Priyanka Chopra.