Drama - Across the Border .....

DesiChap

Woolmer denies making racist remarks against Shoaib Osman Samiuddin February 16, 2007 'I have never and never will abuse any one racially as it is completely against my nature' - Woolmer ? Getty Images Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, has angrily denied reports that he racially insulted Shoaib Akhtar during the infamous heated altercation that took place between the two - and was broadcast to TV viewers - during Pakistan's second Test victory at Port Elizabeth against South Africa recently. Woolmer, responding to a report in a Karachi-based daily, Dawn, which alleged that he had called Shoaib 'blacky' during the argument, told Cricinfo, "I did not say any such thing to him. I have never and never will abuse any one racially as it is completely against my nature. There reports are absolutely rubbish." It might not be the end of the matter as Woolmer has said that he will consult his lawyers and consider legal action against the newspaper. The sports editor of the paper confirmed to Cricinfo that they are willing to stand by the article. The story also claims, quoting undisclosed sources close to Shoaib, that the troubled fast bowler is seeking an apology from Inzamam-ul-Haq and Woolmer "after being reportedly abused by them during his brief stay on the ill-fated tour of South Africa." In case the apology isn't forthcoming, Shoaib has threatened to take both to court, according to the report, for their 'insulting behaviour' during the Test and adds that the bowler is willing to pull out of Pakistan's squad for the World Cup. Shoaib is currently in London, where he is seeking medical advice on a knee injury that jeopardizes his participation in the tournament which begins next month in the West Indies. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/rsavpak/content/current/story/280586.html

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Drama - Across the Border ..... Shoaib is seeking apology from Inzi and Woolmer for chatsere assassination. Well first and foremost task will be to trace existance of characetr there then party concerned will talk about assassination. :lmao: I think we have a PTV drama written all over this episode. Is any producer from across the border listening. On top of my head I can think of titles like "Shoaib ka Na raha Pakistan" on the lines of "George ka Pakistan". Confession: I am so thankful to this nation for providing me daily dose of entertainment. SO guys even when I am criticising you must know deep down I am thanking you guys :wtg:

Re: Drama - Across the Border ..... I think Pakistan cricket team is a microcosm of what the nation has become. Too much infighting and unstabilty in my opinion and this kind of sh%t has been going around for quite some time now. First it was Majid and Miandad , then Imran and Miandad, then Waqar and Wasim ,Mustaq and Wasim , Shoaib and Waqar ,Basit Ali and Amair Sohail , Malik and Imran , Inzi and YK, Inzi and Shoaib , the list goes on and on . Troubled nation breeds troubled people , in my opinion.To Inzi and Bob's credit , their is some unity now. Miandad as a coach , if continued would have been a disaster for Pakistan.

Re: Drama - Across the Border .....

The story also claims, quoting undisclosed sources close to Shoaib, that the troubled fast bowler is seeking an apology from Inzamam-ul-Haq and Woolmer "after being reportedly abused by them during his brief stay on the ill-fated tour of South Africa." In case the apology isn't forthcoming, Shoaib has threatened to take both to court, according to the report, for their 'insulting behaviour' during the Test and adds that the bowler is willing to pull out of Pakistan's squad for the World Cup. Shoaib is currently in London, where he is seeking medical advice on a knee injury that jeopardizes his participation in the tournament which begins next month in the West Indies.
What is now bizzare is that Shoaib is in the team for the World cup with Inzi and Woolmer at the helm. What will now transpire between these three in the world cup? When there is so much trouble in a team it is a stumbling block in a tourney like world cup. Expect some more fireworks between these three in the upcoming WC. I won't be surprised if this transpires into a punch up in the end.