I would not play Bumrah in England: Michael Holding

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1.  Every team needs atleast 1 pacer who will provide genuine pace and bounce ...  Bumrah is that bowler for us   ( Shami too has genuine pace and bounce but his fitness may force him to use it only in the 2nd innings. )   

2.  The English don't like genuine pace and bounce, even on slow surfaces ... we saw that in India.

3. No reason to assume that Holding has our best interest at heart.

4. I want to play 4 quicks + Ashwin in England  ...  Bumrah, Bhuvi, Shami, Saini, Ashwin.

5. I will replace Ishant with Saini ... he swings the ball ,  is quicker and skiddier than Ishant and is as accurate. He can bowl long spells too.

6. Bhuvi, Saini and Shami will be our 3 swing bowlers and Bumrah the enforcer.

7. I have seen Bumrah get outswing in FC when the conditions are conducive.  The ball seams in England too.

8. Bumrah's intensity is much more than any of our other pacers.

9.  Holding and most WI quicks were hit the deck bowlers ( Marshall was the only true swing bowler )  How did they succeed in England  ?  Why is Holding forgetting it  ? 

Holding can see that Bumrah has potential of next great pace bowler, he doesn't want India to have great pace bowler that is why. Look at Bumrah's bowling averages, all below 25 in every format. 

28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1.  Every team needs atleast 1 pacer who will provide genuine pace and bounce ...  Bumrah is that bowler for us   ( Shami too has genuine pace and bounce but his fitness may force him to use it only in the 2nd innings. )   

2.  The English don't like genuine pace and bounce, even on slow surfaces ... we saw that in India.

+1. 

6 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Holding can see that Bumrah has potential of next great pace bowler, he doesn't want India to have great pace bowler that is why. Look at Bumrah's bowling averages, all below 25 in every format. 

Rabada and Morkel are hit-the-deck bowlers too ... did not see Holding asking for their exclusion in England  !

And Morkel took 19 wickets from 4 tests and Rabada 16 from 3 tests.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

4. I want to play 4 quicks + Ashwin in England  ...  Bumrah, Bhuvi, Shami, Saini, Ashwin.

5. I will replace Ishant with Saini ... he swings the ball ,  is quicker and skiddier than Ishant and is as accurate. He can bowl long spells too.

6. Bhuvi, Saini and Shami will be our 3 swing bowlers and Bumrah the enforcer ( Shami too in 2nd innings ).

7. I have seen Bumrah get outswing in FC when the conditions are conducive.  The ball seams in England too.

9.  Holding and most WI quicks were hit the deck bowlers ( Marshall was the only true swing bowler )  How did they succeed in England  ?  Why is Holding forgetting it  ? 

I have not seen Saini but if he can swing the ball then  he should replace Ishant.Its time we move away from him.

4 hours ago, shortbread said:

Grooming at what expense tho? I like Pandya and it's very rare to find an all-rounder who can bowl medium and bat, especially in the Indian context.

But can he be carried when touring? It's ok in home conditions, in the A side or when the series is won and he plays in the dead rubber.

He will play a shot across the line whether it's aggression or lack of patience I do not know! But it will not take long for him to attempt the shot. Then comes the question, how useful is his bowling?

There are plenty of young prospective players that India would like to groom, but not when touring England. Every player has to contribute something, whether its a 30 odd with the bat or a few wickets. 

He's been a bit of victim of his own success after that swashbuckling 93. Will have to reign it in for a few overs before attacking. He needs to average 35 with bat, grab the odd key wicket, be the best fielder and be al round talisman. 

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

6. Bhuvi, Saini and Shami will be our 3 swing bowlers and Bumrah the enforcer ( Shami too in 2nd innings ).

100% spot on. BBSS attack is crucial, 2 new ball bowlers (bhuvi and saini), bumrah hits the deck and can go hard at the batsmen and shami has all the qualities and can bowl well with the old ball. All have pace, all have wicket taking ability. Then its either a spinner or pandya. But we must play a pace quartet. 

Meanwhile get pujara to focus on legspin and batting.

8 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Saini is ready to play for India ,if any bowler apart from Bhuvaneshvar who can take the ball it is to be Saini,if we play him we will have the best bowling attack in the planet,i wud like to add Kuldeep Yadav into this lineup

I'm not taking out Bumrah either,attack should comprise Bhuvaneshvar,Bumrah,Shami ,Saini,Ishant/Kuldeep,Pandya could be the burden sharing bowler plus his andhi ghodi batting may come anytime to give us a surprise win out of nowhere,but having this attack will simply make sure we win in England....

15 hours ago, Jamadagni said:

How many catches were dropped off his bowling in the second innings? NONE. Being WICKETLESS on that pitch was disgraceful. Someone like Yasir Shah or Hearth would have taken a fifer in the second innings. Maharaj didn't lead their bowling attack, neither did Faf use him much whereas Ashwin was the leader of our attack on that pitch. 

Did you even watch the match? Faf was dropped when he was on single digit score by Rahul, went on to score a 50 and add 100+ runs. I have seen enough of Herath in the last 2 years to see what he can or can't do.