Murali Vijay - Goodbye and Thank you thread

Did decently away on our last away cycle but I never rated him that highly . Our bats should be bullies at home and atleast decent away. Neither Vijay nor rahane are dominant enough in Asia for me. Last 2.5 years he was pretty bad everywhere and against everyone bar minnows. Rightly dropped. Dhawan's not a whole lot better but we are not spoilt for choice I guess. If Rahane does not perform in the next 2 matches I suspect his career will also be on the line. 

All this sounds like a decision taken by Vijay himself.... wonder if he would have stayed on if India lost the third test.... . only time will tell , when is ready to tell the story.... Now if they bring in these two kids, they got to play them right ? What Vijay had done is master class, he's given shaw the opportunity and prep against the windies before the Aussie tour... Hope Shaw uses this....  

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

He was a very good IPL player in the start but moulded his game to adjust to test cricket. That was pretty cool, hope more youngsters get inspired by that and give due importance to real cricket instead of the circus versions. After all disproportionately large % of a player's worth (not $$$) is determined by his red ball credentials. I am not asking kids to give up IPL and other tamasha stuff but to aspire to cut it in the longer format with zeal and determination. Che and Ishant never had ability for T20, Vijay had ability but he put that in the back-burner in his quest to represent the Indian test team.

Wrong.  he was a very first class batsman at the start.  Showed great technique and patience when he debuted for India in test cricket.  he was always know to be slow gritty batsman in Ranji trophy.  Mukund had a better FC record than him but he did better in test cricket.  Then his style changed when he started playing IPL.  He molded himself as T20 player and then when he was picked for 2011 WI tour, failed and got dropped.  He again decided to go back to his patience game in 2012 Aus test series was his revival.  Despite not having a great Ranji season, he came in and made that position his own.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Wrong.  he was a very first class batsman at the start.  Showed great technique and patience when he debuted for India in test cricket.  he was always know to be slow gritty batsman in Ranji trophy.  Mukund had a better FC record than him but he did better in test cricket.  Then his style changed when he started playing IPL.  He molded himself as T20 player and then when he was picked for 2011 WI tour, failed and got dropped.  He again decided to go back to his patience game in 2012 Aus test series was his revival.  Despite not having a great Ranji season, he came in and made that position his own.

True. It all started with a 400+ partership between Vijay and mukund. Both of them got chances for India after that but Vijay made use of the opportunities better.

On 8/23/2018 at 12:11 AM, Sgattick10 said:

He was good but his time was up. Hope to see Dhawan, Pujara follwing him next.

dhawan is there to stay big time , he has sorted his issue against seam and he is a stroke player.

Mark my words , he is going to rock in next two tests. He is a Super Star who had some issue's against SEAM and SWing but i believe he has got a solution and the way he handled SWING KING anderson and broad with the new ball was the reason of India's win.

Pujara could be dropped at some stage if he under performs , hanuma and Nair are waiting in the wings so Pujara is under pressure.

23 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not a great idea to have Both DK and Vijay in the same dressing room lol

DK should also be asked to go the Vijay way...both should be allowed to play for their state team now.

karthik has two tests and he scored miserably in both tests and he had an opportunity to make India win in the second test, had he managed anderson and scored 20 more runs , we would have won.

his keeping was also Average , i think rishabh is keeping better than him.

in tests one can flop in 1 test but not in consecutive two tests( all 4 innings)..our BONA wicket keeper Parthiv was scoring in Africa against the likes of that 145 to 150 K Pacer , kathik could not score against under 134 K Swing and seam King anderson, test cricket is very tough in australia newzeland and england , even pujara ,dhawan ,Kl rahul and rahane are struggling but this guy failed big time , stokes clean bowled him of the first ball once and that also was not a 145K + rare delivery or a Ball that swung Big time..karthik was not able to manage and was looking ugly.

Murli got some gem of delivery from anderson and he could not handle them , he failed in africa in all innings and was lucky to be opening in england , i would not have picked him specially when Mayank was in full form.