Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
velu

Virat Kohli [ Test Batting Ranking ]

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Hats off to best ever batsman from India. Keep it up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really don't need to do this in every thread. Kohli is best batsmen of current generation but bragging it in every thread looks cringeworthy and annoying.As someone said we have a very rich history of great batsmen and kohli is another pantheon of our richer history 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, raki05 said:

You really don't need to do this in every thread. Kohli is best batsmen of current generation but bragging it in every thread looks cringeworthy and annoying.As someone said we have a very rich history of great batsmen and kohli is another pantheon of our richer history 

I don't know why you feel offended.I did not brag about anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, raki05 said:

You really don't need to do this in every thread. Kohli is best batsmen of current generation but bragging it in every thread looks cringeworthy and annoying.As someone said we have a very rich history of great batsmen and kohli is another pantheon of our richer history 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTesCYZ6DBQd7qBubYypQM

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

that will never happen

You gotta dream big rkt bhai... agar koi hai jo kar sakta hai toh woh ek hi Virat hai... apart from Smith ofcourse

Edited by Shunya

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Spot on , 950 happening is also remote. 

yes, Bradman had career average of 99 and then he attained that rating of 961.  Don't think anyone with 54 average will go close to that.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Shunya said:

You gotta dream big rkt bhai... agar koi hai jo kar sakta hai toh woh ek hi Virat hai... apart from Smith ofcourse

need to be logical and realistic. Bradman averaged 100 to achieve 961.  Kohli averages 54.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

need to be logical and realistic. Bradman averaged 100 to achieve 961.  Kohli averages 54.

 

Overall average is not important.  Last 3 year's average is relevant for these rankings.

 

Kohli has career average of 54.5

 

But has last 3 year's average of 64.8.

 

A terrific series against the WI with a 300+ and a 200+ ... along with some not outs.  Who knows  ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

 

Overall average is not important.  Last 3 year's average is relevant for these rankings.

 

Kohli has career average of 54.5

 

But has last 3 year's average of 64.8.

 

A terrific series against the WI with a 300+ and a 200+ ... along with some not outs.  Who knows  ?

 

 

64 should reach close to 100, only then it is possible. once he crosses 940, he will gain minuscule points for a 100, 1-2 point per 100.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

64 should reach close to 100, only then it is possible. once he crosses 940, he will gain minuscule points for a 100, 1-2 point per 100.

 

An unusually good series against the WI, with lots of not outs, might make him reach an average around 81 to 85 in the last 3 years.

 

If average is the dominant criteria then he can't make it  ... but there are many other parameters involved.

Share this post


Link to post

Those who follow athletics will know the difference between running 100m in 9.8 seconds and 10 seconds, difference only 0.2 but very tough journey in between. Don's 961 looks tempting now that Smith and Kohli have shown to be capable of getting the 930s and 940s. But it is impossible to get 961, no mortal will ever get that..in the world of cricket there is no God but Bradman.

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler

MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings

The MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings is a table where international cricket players performances are ranked using a points based system which is worked out by doing a series of calculations leading to a sophisticated moving average. Players are rated on a scale of 0 to 1000 points. If a player’s performance is improving on his past record, his points increase; if his performance is declining his points will go down. The value of each player’s performance within a match is calculated using an algorithm, a series of calculations (all pre-programmed) based on various circumstances in the match. There is no human intervention in this calculation process, and no subjective assessment is made. There are slightly different factors for each of the different formats of the game.

 

The ratings take into account opposition strength apparently, so Virat bashing SL or Windies won't move the needle much. He will need crazy scores vs the likes of Aus and SA to approach the rating Bradman achieved. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

2 more good tests and he can scale the heights no one ever reached. The best part is that there is a certainty to his batting. You know he will score. Smith gave this vibes against India numerous times. Scary prospect if you're an England fan...

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Tibarn said:
  Hide contents

MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings

The MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings is a table where international cricket players performances are ranked using a points based system which is worked out by doing a series of calculations leading to a sophisticated moving average. Players are rated on a scale of 0 to 1000 points. If a player’s performance is improving on his past record, his points increase; if his performance is declining his points will go down. The value of each player’s performance within a match is calculated using an algorithm, a series of calculations (all pre-programmed) based on various circumstances in the match. There is no human intervention in this calculation process, and no subjective assessment is made. There are slightly different factors for each of the different formats of the game.

 

The ratings take into account opposition strength apparently, so Virat bashing SL or Windies won't move the needle much. He will need crazy scores vs the likes of Aus and SA to approach the rating Bradman achieved. 

 

 

Tendulkar bhakts have fiddled the scoring mechanism

Share this post


Link to post

We have a couple of tests against Windies and then kohli's favourite touring place in Australia,he might average close to 80/90 in this period and rating might jump close to 950 by jan next year 

Share this post


Link to post

yet another feather on the cap of this potential ATG batsman... Badly wish he maintains his high avg: till the fifth test so that other batsmen too can feed off from his tremendous performance. That will make sure India at least loss by 2-3 only, if not winning 3-2 which inturn ensures India can maintain the no:1 spot for lot more time . 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, velu said:

935 ..

 

gained 5 points vs indies for scoring 139 & 45 ..

need two or three good tests to eclipse 950 .. 

Unlucky, no more minnows for rest of this year :cantstop:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×