ICF posters and their corresponding Mahabharata characters !!!

velu

Although this thread is not about who was the best from kauravs side, I cannot help talking about it. Vikarna was the most righteous from kauravs side. Karna is vile and very over glorified.Just hope Vikarna had a bit more courage to do more to stop the humiliation which their family's own daughter in law was subjected to.. He was the only one who openly expressed contempt for humiliation of a lady just because her idiot husbands gambled her. Not even a single over glorified greats like Bhisma, dronacharya etc present there had the sensibilities or courage to oppose it. Also draupadi was the most interesting, beautiful, courageous lady one can read about.Yes she might have had a bit of ego (a lady as good as her is bound to have a bit of ego) but male ego is cool while female ego is condemned. :facepalm:

N.B : I detest modern day feminists though. They have their priorities all wrong.

In the silence, and depending on the version of the story, Karna later rebuked and taunted Vikarna for his outburst. Vikarna quietly replies

Sister-in-law's insult is an affront to the entire Kuru clan. If her questions are not answered, our line is doomed.

— Vikarna, [1

Duryodhana sends Vikarna to check Bhima's advance. Bhima, who had sworn to kill all of Dhritarashtra's true-born (100) sons, calls Vikarna a man of dharma and advises him to step aside. Vikarna replies that even knowing that the Kauravas would not win a war against a side with Sri Krishna on it, he cannot forsake Duryodhana. Pleadingly, Bhima reminds him of the dice game, where Vikarna had criticized his brother. Vikarna replied:

That was my duty then, and this is my duty now. Fight me, o son of Vayu!

— Vikarna challenging Bhima, [1]

Bhima kills Vikarna after a mace-fight. His death brings tears to the eyes of Bhima. After his death, Bhima laments:

Alas, O Vikarna, you were just and knew what was dharma! You fought in loyal obedience to the call of duty. Indeed this battle is a curse upon us wherein men like you...have had to be slaughtered.

— Bhima upon Vikarna's death
Edited by Pollack