This is our longest reign as the mace holders

3 minutes ago, Moochad said:

That seems unfair, even if we win we lose points in the rankings. 

It is what it is I guess. Rankings don't take into account whether your wins and losses are home or away. England are lower ranked side and I think we had to beat them atleast 3-0/4-1 or a bigger margin to gain points. The same will hold true for the tour of Australia. 

37 minutes ago, Moochad said:

That seems unfair, even if we win we lose points in the rankings. 

results of little older matches too affect the ratings .. 

like if we had gained good amount of points 2 years ago , we tend to lose good % of it

but if we had lost good amount of points in the same period , we tend to gain some points if i am not wrong 

5 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

If we get through the Aus tour with a decent gap, it will be several years before we can be displaced. 

We hav our task cut out. Win more games in England and not lose any more tests this series. 

Not several years. I think our next away cycle might start in early 2022 in SA again and we might have an Enzed away tour before that. But yeah if we continue to smash teams at home I think we can be no. 1 till 2022 and that's 6 years.

24 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not several years. I think our next away cycle might start in early 2022 in SA again and we might have an Enzed away tour before that. But yeah if we continue to smash teams at home I think we can be no. 1 till 2022 and that's 6 years.

With the Test Championship starting in 2019 ... cycles may change.

Kudos the the team. We needed a captain change and a total revamp and we got that. Still many improvements required but we are starting to get better. Hopefully the run continues. Having seen many captains from around the world leading their sides, Kohli, for me is sill the right man to lead this side. He loves fast bowlers more and leadership role makes him focus more on his batting and he keeps on delivering in test with the bat and just keeps getting better at it as he knows he has to bat responsibly.

8 hours ago, Lannister said:

Next cycle away series by year.

2020 Jan - NZ

2020 Dec - Aus

2021 Jun - Eng

2022 Jan - SA

I like this new schedule. We have something to look forward to each year in terms of away tours. I think we can easily hold #1 rank pretty much till 2022 or even beyond. 

Basically we have away series test cricket during the holiday periods which is really great!!