Red Sparrow

zen

The film has mixed reviews so I postponed watching it. Today, I watched it. While it is a slow burn relatively to some of the action packed spy films, I found it to be a very good film in its genre. Displays the ruthlessness of Russian Secret Service. Jennifer Lawrence gave a good performance. The film has brutal torture sequences too. Overall, it is a smart spy and revenge thriller   

IMDB has 6.6/10 currently. I would give it an 8 .... How do you rate the film? 

Edited by zen

7/10 for me. Was decent but not as exciting, although it wasn't meant to be so. How realistic is the story ?

I watched Raazi y'day and was blown away even though Alia Bhatt doesn't cry that well, insane levels of badassery considering its said to be a true story. Also reminded me of the impossible spy. Forget balls, one needs to have liquid metal in their veins to pull off such heroic acts across months and years. 

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

7/10 for me. Was decent but not as exciting, although it wasn't meant to be so. How realistic is the story ?

Russians are known to use female fatales to honey trap but I m not sure if there was a dedicated school to train agents in that art .... Pakistan uses honey traps too