Ashwin has never bowled a no-ball in test cricket

Gollum

Made his test debut in 2011, sent down over 17,000 deliveries.....not a single no-ball. Like him, hate him, whatever...this is an incredible stat. Spinners in general don't bowl too many no-balls, even less so in tests but 0 out of 17,250 is unbelievable. And Ash is someone who likes to use the crease to create angles and trajectories !!!

Will be interesting to watch when he does over step in red ball format, surely he has to make an error at some point of time. 

Edited by Gollum
2 minutes ago, zen said:

What is the importance of these stats? WI great fast bowlers of the past bowled no balls and also did well in most conditions :dontknow:

Warne and Murali, though in a league of their own, bowled no balls and would be candidates for a spit in ATG 11

Just an interesting stat I thought was worth sharing. Gosh is anyone talking about its relevance to decide candidature in ATG XI? If you find it informative for your local pub quiz good, if not you can ignore it. Some cricket fans like me keep note of this kind of trivia. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Just an interesting stat I thought was worth sharing. Gosh is anyone talking about its relevance to decide candidature in ATG XI? If you find it informative for your local pub quiz good, if not you can ignore it. Some cricket fans like me keep note of this kind of trivia. 

Ok. Was just wondering how is this imp. For trivia purposes, it is ok 

2 hours ago, zen said:

What is the importance of these stats? WI great fast bowlers of the past bowled no balls and also did well in most conditions :dontknow:

Warne and Murali, though in a league of their own, bowled no balls and would be candidates for a spit in ATG 11

could be important for bumrah..wish he could say the same.. India would have won more matches.

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Cricket is such a dream sports for trivia. There are endless statistics that you can pull out.

But many stats can be pointless for e.g. most runs scored in singles, most number of overs w/o bowling wide, most balls bowled w/o giving a run, ....  :dontknow: