Pandya's Quickness And Smartness Can Knock Pakistan Batsmen Out in Asia Cup, Says Johnson

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/asiacup-2018-pandyas-quickness-and-smartness-can-knock-pakistan-batsmen-out-in-asia-cup-says-johnson-1863177.html

"Against Pakistan, Indias age-old cricketing rival and neighbour, and keeping UAEs pitch conditions in mind, I think seamers like Umesh Yadav and Hardik Pandya would work in India's favour," Johnson, an expert commentator with Star Sports for the Asia Cup, told PTI.

“Pandya is currently doing well in the United Kingdom, where he is utilising the conditions well. Pandya's ability to extract pace from pitches and smartly bowling at length when required will help knock out the tricky Pakistani batting line-up. I am actually excited to see the way Umesh Yadav will bowl in the Asia Cup.
“Yadav’s biggest asset lies in the ability to choke an opposition at crunch times along with knocking opponents out with variations/reverse swing during his spells. Yadav, along with Pandya and (Jasprit) Bumrah, can perfectly set up the situation for the spinners who would be carrying the mantle of negotiating matches through the middle overs,” explained Johnson, who has 313 wickets to his credit from 73 Tests.

"Pakistan will have an upper hand and will enjoy playing in UAE due to its prior experience of playing in the PSL (Pakistan Super League) and knowing the weather/pitch conditions inside out," he said.

"The pitches in UAE have traditionally produced belters, but with the bowling line-up all the teams possess currently we might remember this years tournament as the bowlers' tournament," he remarked.

India will need genuine pace on these pitches

Pakistan batsmen vs Pace is always fun, like watching ten pin bowling :hysterical:, amazing they have lost 12 matches straight in Australia

Pakistan (and nowadays Bangla) play spin well and aggressively, so don’t  think India’s spin of Kuldeep and Chahal will be effective

on those dead pitches i hve my doubts , but pandya has done well on pitches that are on slow side and has surprised us even on pattas many times 

“Yadav’s biggest asset lies in the ability to choke an opposition at crunch times alongwith knocking opponents out with variations/reverse swing during his spells. 

Is he sure he is talking about umesh yadav

5 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Just check some of the highlights of 2014 Australia and newzeald tour of use

First Johnson and starch and later Milne and henry owned Pakistani with pure pace and movement.

bumrah might do same but i hve my doubts regd umesh yadav doing same 

Starc n johnson were around 150, i think so was milne 

and pandya doesnt get the new ball like them

1 hour ago, Bilal78 said:

That was a different Pakistan Team, this is a different team all together, only Sarfraz, Haris and Hafeez were in that team, Hafeez and Haris aren’t even sure starters so I don’t know what you are talking about.

hope your players suffer from heat stroke.

Only player who play pace well from your side is Harris...rest all  are chickens vs pace :finger:  saw that in 5-0 drubbing you got vs kiwis this year. Helpless against lockie,henry and boult.

1 hour ago, Bilal78 said:

That was a different Pakistan Team, this is a different team all together, only Sarfraz, Haris and Hafeez were in that team, Hafeez and Haris aren’t even sure starters so I don’t know what you are talking about.

hope your players suffer from heat stroke.

Hate filled heart. Why are we playing Pakistan? Screw Asia cup.

2 minutes ago, Bilal78 said:

I’m fed up with these Indian fans, don’t run away I want to see your team get a great smashing 3 times in a row, I don’t think we will win, I know we will win.

Fact: militarily, economically and in sports, Pak just does not compete with Ind .... You haven't won anything of merit apart from the success during the late 80s to late 90s period when Pak had a very good team 

9 minutes ago, Bilal78 said:

I’m fed up with these Indian fans, don’t run away I want to see your team get a great smashing 3 times in a row, I don’t think we will win, I know we will win.

You are ranked so low that we should not even be playing you. As long as we get to play Aus, NZ, England and SA we don't need you. This game means more to you than us. We really should have send our blind team here. Atleast they will be more enlightened than the pakistani fans we have here.