Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
asterix

Masterclass for Fat Ashwin, by Moeen Bhai...

Recommended Posts

The problem with Ashwin is he just cant put a spree of deliveries at one spot and it becomes very difficult to make plan and set the field according to that.  He does not keep things simple. One more thing, i never see him using the crease well.  he can easily go wider against right handers to land the ball in the rough and when he tries to land the ball in the rough, he either bowls half vollyes and half trackers because he does not go wide of the crease, dont use the angle.  I dont understand why he has not worked on that. You cant be consistently successful in SENA if you dont use that rough.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

His intelligence is always over-rated.

 

He just talks well.

talking and executing are two different things.  He may be intelligent but until you can execute your ideas they are useless. You need practice get better with execution.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dnt think ashwin is even fully fit, he is not putting his full body in his action

he looks fit and putting everything there, speeds are good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, rkt.india said:

The problem with Ashwin is he just cant put a spree of deliveries at one spot and it becomes very difficult to make plan and set the field according to that.  He does not keep things simple. One more thing, i never see him using the crease well.  he can easily go wider against right handers to land the ball in the rough and when he tries to land the ball in the rough, he either bowls half vollyes and half trackers because he does not go wide of the crease, dont use the angle.  I dont understand why he has not worked on that. You cant be consistently successful in SENA if you dont use that rough.

How can you say that about one of India’s greatest test cricketer who has maximum man of the series and has a winning mentality :hmmm:a genius somewhere won’t be happy with you reading this :giggle:.After the first test though Ashwin has looked ordinary.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

How can you say that about one of India’s greatest test cricketer who has maximum man of the series and has a winning mentality :hmmm:a genius somewhere won’t be happy with you reading this :giggle:.After the first test though Ashwin has looked ordinary.

in the first test, ball turned from the stumps. Didnt need to use the rough there.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

talking and executing are two different things.  He may be intelligent but until you can execute your ideas they are useless. You need practice get better with execution.

If he was genuinely intelligent, it would show in his batting, bowling. 

 

Of course he is intelligent in the conventional sense but its just that he doesn't hav the brains to realize the concept of simplicity.

 

What's the point in calling him intelligent when he chooses not to see stuff the whole world sees? 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, asterix said:

^ you are wrong. IMO he’s over intelligent and that’s why he can’t bowl since. He can’t control his urge to complicate his bowling...

True intelligence is understanding what works. 

 

He over thinks and overdoes.

 

So ppl should stop calling him intelligent. 

 

An intelligent guy wouldn't play that shot against Moeen. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Khota said:

I need wkts. He is no way the same class as Kumble or Bhaji.

I believe he is more skilled than both of them.

 

He is not honest with himself about his bowling. 

 

You may still see wickets from him next session. It ain't over yet. 

Edited by sensible-indian

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

The problem with Ashwin is he just cant put a spree of deliveries at one spot and it becomes very difficult to make plan and set the field according to that.  He does not keep things simple. One more thing, i never see him using the crease well.  he can easily go wider against right handers to land the ball in the rough and when he tries to land the ball in the rough, he either bowls half vollyes and half trackers because he does not go wide of the crease, dont use the angle.  I dont understand why he has not worked on that. You cant be consistently successful in SENA if you dont use that rough.

Exactly. Consistency.This was the problem with the old Ashwin of 2012-13 when he had that horrid Englad tour at home. No revs and trying too much. And short ball every over. 

 

But something changed after the 2015 Australian tour and world cup. Somebody kicked his ass and told him to be consistent ( probably Kumble) He had a super time after that. Started with Bangladesh tour   . 6 balls in same area no short balls no OP.. beautiful to watch. 

 

Sadly after kumble he has gone back to experiments. Undercut topspin carrom legspin. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

I believe he is more skilled than both of them.

 

He is not honest with himself about his bowling. 

 

You may still see wickets from him next session. It ain't over yet. 

I disagree. Kumble was the best spinner ever in  history of the game.

 

All this experimentation is utter nonsense. Someone needs to drill in his head that fundamentals are more important.

Edited by Khota

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×