Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vk1

Strategic errors, mistakes and blunders

Recommended Posts

We should make a note of these strategic errors that our team makes in every series. These days, tests are either going really close or going completely lopsided. When matches to close, it becomes a game of percentages... 

 

Let's think of the errors we have been noticing this series..

 

I would say playing Pandya at 6, playing Shami at 9 instead of Ishant - losing crucial 10 or 20 run partnerships. 

 

Not bowling around the wicket against tailenders like @express bowling bro pointed out ?

Playing pant at lords comes under blunder though.

Share this post


Link to post

Missing Jaddu in this match. Could’ve played in place of Pandu...

Kohli is a bad captain... he panics and doesn’t even backs his bowlers...

Ashwin’ll need Kohli’s backing in the second innings... but Kohli is an impatient captain... Looks ominous for India in this match...

Share this post


Link to post

It's difficult, the team selection was correct.

Curran played another blinder.

 

The backroom need to have a plan against him. They need to do their research. 

 

In this Test he looked way too comfortable for a no.7. 

Surely there must a weakness in his batting, for guy averaging only 28 with the bat in First Class.

I see no plans for him in the field or bowling to him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I feel there was lack of homework against the likes of Rashid, Curran, Ali etc during English innings. We were quite disciplined when we had them reeling at 86/6 after that I didn't see a coherent approach from our side. We didn't even get a whiff when the score became 150+. 

Moeen is the worst player of short ball, much worse than Raina. Should've peppered him with those on his body. Then there was the introduction of Ashwin, he came to bowl for an over in 25th over when they were 4 down. By the time he came for his 2nd over, Curran & Ali were already set. He should've been reintroduced way too early against these 2 lefties. 

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Moochad said:

Missing jadeja here. He should've played over shami. We are going to lack a 2nd spinning option it seems.  

This is the kind of pitch Shami will be more effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, gattaca said:

This is the kind of pitch Shami will be more effective. 

If it reverses yes, but even Bumrah and Ishant is there for reverse. 

 

If there is spin though we will be found lacking. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ashwin's pace now. I am no bowling expert, but it's clear when he slows it down he gets bounce and turn. He does 2 or 3 deliveries per over and the other balls he fires in, carrom, leg spin, gods know what :wall: 

 

Too many players not showing up to support the other guys, batting or bowling, due to lack of prep or tactical errors

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, chewy said:

Ashwin's pace now. I am no bowling expert, but it's clear when he slows it down he gets bounce and turn. He does 2 or 3 deliveries per over and the other balls he fires in, carrom, leg spin, gods know what :wall: 

 

Too many players not showing up to support the other guys, batting or bowling, due to lack of prep or tactical errors

 

Or may be simply not good enough

Share this post


Link to post

When they showed Ashwin's action in the first test vs this innings it's clear that he is  either not fully fit or out of form. How then did we pick him though we have Jadeja, who is as good as Ashwin is at home or abroad.  This to me could turn out to be another series defining epic blunder after that Kuldeep fiasco.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Vk1 said:

When they showed Ashwin's action in the first test vs this innings it's clear that he is  either not fully fit or out of form. How then did we pick him though we have Jadeja, who is as good as Ashwin is at home or abroad.  This to me could turn out to be another series defining epic blunder after that Kuldeep fiasco.

Jaddu doesn't flight the ball though, and he bowls at an even quicker pace than Ashwin. Ashwin's only getting good turn when he is flighting the ball at around 50 kph. 

 

This would have been a good pitch for Kuldeep to debut 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Jaddu doesn't flight the ball though, and he bowls at an even quicker pace than Ashwin. Ashwin's only getting good turn when he is flighting the ball at around 50 kph. 

 

This would have been a good pitch for Kuldeep to debut 

True but he does magic when no one expects..we should give up on Ashwin considering his form and fitness.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

True but he does magic when no one expects..we should give up on Ashwin considering his form and fitness.

I am beginning to agree with your original post more and more, even though Ashwin just got a wicket. 

 

Even though Jaddu is quicker and doesn't float the ball, he would have at least figured it out before the 26th over that he needs to  consistently bowl the ball on the footholes. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kohli takes the new ball in the 83rd over ...  even though nothing was happening with the old ball.

 

And bowls Ashwin after taking the new ball.

 

Stupidity  !

 

Wicket falls immediately after the pacers bowl with new ball.

This This This!

 

What the hell was he thinking, absolutely stupid

Share this post


Link to post

Not keeping Bhuvaneshwar fit for this series is like unimaginable. He was supposed to be our bowling trump card and someone who is accustomed to picking 5 wicket hauls. He should have been fit enough atleast for two tests. Big blunder.

Edited by Vk1

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like a 70-80 run loss on the cards...

 

Regardless, I am proud of how Pujara, Kohli, and Rahane batted overall this match.  

 

Fast bowlers bowled great.

 

We are getting nothing from the openers, who are crucial overseas. 

 

The lower order is also disappointing. Ashwin should stop being considered an allrounder. 

 

Kohli had some of the more bizarre captaincy England's 2nd innings: Overbowling Ashwin, underbowling the fast bowlers, not giving the old ball to Shami, not giving the new ball immediately to Bumrah/Ishant. 

 

Ashwin deserves special condemnation: Arguably the best spinner in the world can't figure out to bowl in the rough, instead decides to dart in deliveries and bowl like he is playing a T20. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Not keeping Bhuvaneshwar fit for this series is like unimaginable. He was supposed to be our bowling trump card and someone who is accustomed to picking 5 wicket hauls. He should have been fit enough atleast for two tests. Big blunder.

"not keeping him fit"

 

What were the management supposed to do , not let him play any cricket at all in the build up to the series? Injuries happen cant be helped. How is that a blunder

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli takes the new ball in the 83rd over ...  even though nothing was happening with the old ball.

 

And bowls Ashwin after taking the new ball.

 

Stupidity  !

 

Wicket falls immediately after the pacers bowl with new ball.

That shows the mindset of the skipper. Handing the ball to in-form pacer should've been a no brainer, but alas.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×