Why does Indian batting fail against Moeen Ali in English conditions?

Actually Mooen has been a beast vs all visiting teams to England.

His batting and bowling record in England is exceptional. Was surprised Eng even picked Rashid instead of him.

Someone like Mark Wood (genuine quick bowler) instead of Rashid and Moeen playing as spinner would have done more damage to India. 

4 minutes ago, chewy said:

Actually Mooen has been a beast vs all visiting teams to England.

His batting and bowling record in England is exceptional. Was surprised Eng even picked Rashid instead of him.

Someone like Mark Wood (genuine quick bowler) instead of Rashid and Moeen playing as spinner would have done more damage to India. 

moeen.jpg.391eaef0fb4c0207f1740f0c36759ef4.jpg

Since OP was talking about his bowling these are the relevant stats. He has bullied only India and (ABDV less) SA.

With the bat he has bullied Pak and Lanka whilst averaging low against all other teams.

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Since OP was talking about his bowling these are the relevant stats. He has bullied only India and (ABDV less) SA.

With the bat he has bullied Pak and Lanka whilst averaging low against all other teams.

hmmm, interesting

This just makes it more frustrating then :wall: 

Guys like Pant and Pandya getting out to him so meekly is unforgivable 

A decade ago he was not even a proper off spinner, but he has progressed with his bowling at home. 

He is smart tbh; puts lot of revs, varies with trajectory & consistent in landing at good areas. But our batsmen have made him look like a Laker or Murali. He bowls well nevertheless but it is our job to play him properly without any uncertainty. Gifting him a fifer is definitely not acceptable. 

Edited by Turning_track

Not giving him respect is a main reason. English batsmen don't play reverse sweeps and wristy flicks when Ashwin is bowling. They know he is a threat. 

For some strange reason we look to hit him out of the attack Everytime. Should be patient. He is not consistent as ashwin.and will bowl loose balls now and then

5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

6 matches

24 wickets

20.83 bowl avg

2 5-fers (Both at same ground)

See the thing is, you see Offie tend to pick more wickets against India, you know why, coz if you notice yesterday,one of the most counter productive shots was missing from our game, that is sweep none of the lads in this team play sweep, during karun Nairs 300 against England he use to toy with Moeen by using all types of sweep, when ball is turning you either come down the track or use feet to smother spin or u use sweep to unsettle bowler, all we did was to allow Moeen to just held a line outside off stump and bowl his stuff, no down the track from others just stand and play we didn't even used depth of crease, sehwag and laxman would have mauled him and would have smashed him to oblivion. 

6 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

no variety in batting line up .. for a start this batting top 6 is no way near the calibre of  Sachin era. So  to compensate for that by at least  a fair share  left hand-right hand variety is needed. And that does not exist.

Good that doesn't exist. He will eat left handers for breakfast.

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Show me in these stats where it says 86-6 and his 40 helped change the course of the innings

Show me in those stats where it says 141-2 and his 5-63 changed not only the innings but  maybe the series?

I accept he is neither a  very good test batsman or test spinner BUT  he produces performances with bat and ball that are game  and series changers now and again .

As a batsman he can bat 1-11 in test, ODI, T20 , not many of those in international cricket , 

He is a players player, I am willing to bet the other 10 in the England  team would prefer Modeen  to any other English " spinner" at this time .

Stats are great but they don't paint the whole picture of a game . 

Until England can produce a top class international spinner I will have Moeen Ali every time 

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

As I was saying Gollam, show me in averages where it says  sacrificed because of others short comings but as I said he is a players player