Will KL Rahul make it count in the 2nd innings?

2 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Compare the teammates domestic records: KL Rahul and Manish Pandey and it appears our management has reversed selection of the two.

Pandey has better List A and First Class numbers, while Rahul has better IPL/T20 numbers. 

Maybe Manish Pandey should've been tried in Tests before Rahul.

Rahul opens though in domestic if I am not wrong, while Pandey plays in the middle order 

I think if we lose this , let's start with shaw and vihari. Move pujara to open anyways he is in by 3rd over.

Drop dhawan and kl rahul.

Or open with pant as stop gap option.

And shaw can come for aussie tour.

Edited by prasen82
6 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

WhenI was a kid ( which was a long time ago), there was this opener called Vikram Rathore.Rahul reminds me of him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This is harsh. Rahul looks better than rathore. 

But he needs to go back to reality. All this ipl hype,superstardom, gq shoots seems to have messed his head.

Needs to be relegated to ranji and made to come up the ranks.test cricket selection should be  purely based on ranji and outside A tour's .

Enough of the styling and too much twitter/instagram. He is not a kohli to balance everything. 

This is harsh. Rahul looks better than rathore. 

But he needs to go back to reality. All this ipl hype,superstardom, gq shoots seems to have messed his head.

Needs to be relegated to ranji and made to come up the ranks.test cricket selection should be  purely based on ranji and outside A tour's .

Enough of the styling and too much twitter/instagram. He is not a kohli to balance everything. 

He looks better than him because of media overload, t20,tattoos,ipl.Remember that this is the era where words like amazing,mind blowing are dropped around easily.

No, he still reminds me of Rathore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

They should persist with him in future series but he needs to be axed for the last test.His mode of dismissals are playing on his mind,he is basically a walking wkt at the moment.

Axing will do him more good than keeping him in the squad and not playing. You get the temptation to play him when he is in the squad. It helped Zaheer/Kohli/Yuvi staging a comeback after getting dropped.

the need of the hour is to find Gangulys & Dravids  & even Sachins who straight away become a  huge  success in their first or 2nd tour to SENA. For that talented youngsters need to be given chances at very young age and trial and error method needs to be done consistantly until we find a few such players to fix the top 6.When tried and tested failures  like  Dhawan, Pujara & Kartik are given such extended runs,  these are going to happen.