Why are the selectors changing everything to include Veeru

Parth

I was wathing WAH CRICKET on star news and they talked about how the selectors are doing everything in their power to include Virender Shewag. Is this good. Veeru has been in poor form in the last 10-15 ODI. Why do the selctors persist with him. I agree Veeru is a match winner and on his day he can destroy any team but why should he get an automatic position when he is available to play. Rahul Dravid in a press conference added that there will be some changes in the batting order to make way for Veeru, he was even thinking that Ganguly should be moved. Sandip Patil also added that this is an unfair approach to other players, should the reputation of players make them definates in the team.

Re: Why are the selectors changing everything to include Veeru That is baloney... Parth... Actually the selectors should have identifed the 15 for Windies BEFORE this series of 8 matches against Windies and Sri Lanka and had each and every one of them play many of them... they could have experimented within that group... and tried to make sure certain players showed their fitness and hit form... Unfortunately the NATAK of selection kept everybody on the edge till the last two ODIs... and 2 ODIs in not enough time for a team to Gel... But I am glad they are giving Sehwag more chances...he needs to get his form back...

Re: Why are the selectors changing everything to include Veeru Yes, it makes no sense to breakup the opening pair now. Sehwag had lost his opening spot after sucking for a long time. The only spot available for him is in the middle order. Dravid just likes to use his brain a little too much. This is the time for Uthappa and Ganguly to play more games together.

Re: Why are the selectors changing everything to include Vee

I was wathing WAH CRICKET on star news and they talked about how the selectors are doing everything in their power to include Virender Shewag. Is this good. Veeru has been in poor form in the last 10-15 ODI. Why do the selctors persist with him. I agree Veeru is a match winner and on his day he can destroy any team but why should he get an automatic position when he is available to play. Rahul Dravid in a press conference added that there will be some changes in the batting order to make way for Veeru' date=' he was even thinking that Ganguly should be moved. Sandip Patil also added that this is an unfair approach to other players, should the reputation of players make them definates in the team.[/quote'] So you know why Sehwag has been selected --because he is a match winner and can destroy any attack (yes even quality attack) on his day. I'm 100% sure that had this not been for WC, which comes after 4 years, Sehwag would have been sent to wilderness, just like Ganguly had been earlier. But unfortunately, no new batsman emerged who could push either Sehwag or Ganguly too as we saw how selectors had to run back to the experienced and proven player. Besides that, Sehwag is also one of the bowling options which we'll need during the WC. Now after his selection, it is upto the team management to find a batting position for him which can be most useful for the team. There isn't any time left to see how he performs in the middle order. So they want him back at the tried and tested position.

Re: Why are the selectors changing everything to include Vee

I was wathing WAH CRICKET on star news and they talked about how the selectors are doing everything in their power to include Virender Shewag. Is this good. Veeru has been in poor form in the last 10-15 ODI. Why do the selctors persist with him. I agree Veeru is a match winner and on his day he can destroy any team but why should he get an automatic position when he is available to play. Rahul Dravid in a press conference added that there will be some changes in the batting order to make way for Veeru' date=' he was even thinking that Ganguly should be moved. Sandip Patil also added that this is an unfair approach to other players, should the reputation of players make them definates in the team.[/quote'] So you know why Sehwag has been selected --because he is a match winner and can destroy any attack (yes even quality attack) on his day. I completley disagree with you, Sehwag is blocking other upcoming batsmen, like RAINA MONGIA KAIF UTHAPPA, his bowling option is average he is too pricy. I'm 100% sure that had this not been for WC, which comes after 4 years, Sehwag would have been sent to wilderness, just like Ganguly had been earlier. But unfortunately, no new batsman emerged who could push either Sehwag or Ganguly too as we saw how selectors had to run back to the experienced and proven player. Besides that, Sehwag is also one of the bowling options which we'll need during the WC. Now after his selection, it is upto the team management to find a batting position for him which can be most useful for the team. There isn't any time left to see how he performs in the middle order. So they want him back at the tried and tested position.

Re: Why are the selectors changing everything to include Veeru

I completley disagree with you, Sehwag is blocking other upcoming batsmen, like RAINA MONGIA KAIF UTHAPPA, his bowling option is average he is too pricy.
Thats your opinion but Raina never grabbed his chances and he is far from a finished article! Mongia: he still has been too inconsistent though we could have him in the squad as a spare batsman. Kaif: He is too limited a batsman to even get compared to Sehwag, let alone taking his place. Uthappa: Is still unproven against quality attacks but I'm glad that he is in the team and is available as an option. So sorry, Sehwag isn't blocking any genius's way!

I completley disagree with you' date=' Sehwag is blocking other upcoming batsmen, like RAINA MONGIA KAIF UTHAPPA, his bowling option is average he is too pricy.[/quote'] Thats your opinion but Raina never grabbed his chances and he is far from a finished article! Mongia: he still has been too inconsistent though we could have him in the squad as a spare batsman. Kaif: He is too limited a batsman to even get compared to Sehwag, let alone taking his place. Uthappa: Is still unproven against quality attacks but I'm glad that he is in the team and is available as an option. So sorry, Sehwag isn't blocking any genius's way!
RAINA and KAIF have been fabulous for us. They dropped KAIF when he was in prime form and they expected him to come back in the team and bat like GOD

question is should he have been brought back to open after uthappa/ganguly combo had started to gel.
Yes. Because there isn't much time left to let him adjust to the middle order.
A great batsmen can score runs in any position with any equipment