Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ravishingravi

Feel proud of some performances.

Recommended Posts

Yes. I don’t feel totally dejected. I loved the fight our team showed. Kohli and Rahane battled like warriors.  There are some clear passengers which we need to offload. But the base for a great team is there. With all the IPL practice, we are not producing great all round batsmen. So, we have no choice but persist with good ones. 

 

Rahul/ Shaw

———-

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Jadeja / Kuldeep

Bhuvi

Pant / Kartik

Shami

Bumrah

Ishant 

 

Cosch :- Dravid 

 

Hardik and Ashwin need to go. It’s not a question of teaching them a lesson. But I think there was a basic application issue here. They were not in for a fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

 

Hardik and Ashwin need to go. It’s not a question of teaching them a lesson. But I think there was a basic application issue here. They were not in for a fight. 

Hardik has 10 wkts and 164 runs 

 

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India remove India from query
Opposition team England remove England from query
Home or away away (home of opposition) remove away (home of opposition) from query
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2018 remove greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2018 from query
Ordered by batting average (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 15 of 15   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Mat Runs HS Bat AvDescending 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St Ave Diff  
V Kohli 4 544 149 68.00 2 - - - - 4 0 - investigate this query
CA Pujara 3 241 132* 48.20 1 - - - - 0 0 - investigate this query
AM Rahane 4 220 81 27.50 0 - - - - 3 0 - investigate this query
S Dhawan 3 158 44 26.33 0 - - - - 2 0 - investigate this query
HH Pandya 4 164 52* 23.42 0 10 5/28 24.70 1 0 0 -1.27 investigate this query
R Ashwin 4 126 33* 21.00 0 11 4/62 32.72 0 1 0 -11.72 investigate this query
KL Rahul 4 113 36 14.12 0 - - - - 11 0 - investigate this query
RR Pant 2 43 24 10.75 0 - - - - 10 0 - investigate this query
M Vijay 2 26 20 6.50 0 - - - - 0 0 - investigate this query
I Sharma 4 33 14 5.50 0 15 5/51 24.13 1 0 0 -18.63 investigate this query
KD Karthik 2 21 20 5.25 0 - - - - 5 0 - investigate this query
Mohammed Shami 4 26 10* 3.71 0 14 4/57 31.42 0 1 0 -27.71 investigate this query
JJ Bumrah 2 6 6 3.00 0 11 5/85 19.90 1 1 0 -16.90 investigate this query
UT Yadav 1 1 1* - 0 3 2/20 25.33 0 0 0 - investigate this query
Kuldeep Yadav 1 0 0 0.00 0 0 - - 0 0 0 - investigate this query

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Like I said. It is not about getting them out. Even Ashwin did well in first test. But they were not in this fight. That’s the point. 

Whatever works for you .... but note that Pandya has done better than Dhawan (also dropped catches), Rahul, Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik, etc. in this series so far

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, zen said:

Hardik has 10 wkts and 164 runs 

 

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India remove India from query
Opposition team England remove England from query
Home or away away (home of opposition) remove away (home of opposition) from query
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2018 remove greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2018 from query
Ordered by batting average (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 15 of 15   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Mat Runs HS Bat AvDescending 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St Ave Diff  
V Kohli 4 544 149 68.00 2 - - - - 4 0 - investigate this query
CA Pujara 3 241 132* 48.20 1 - - - - 0 0 - investigate this query
AM Rahane 4 220 81 27.50 0 - - - - 3 0 - investigate this query
S Dhawan 3 158 44 26.33 0 - - - - 2 0 - investigate this query
HH Pandya 4 164 52* 23.42 0 10 5/28 24.70 1 0 0 -1.27 investigate this query
R Ashwin 4 126 33* 21.00 0 11 4/62 32.72 0 1 0 -11.72 investigate this query
KL Rahul 4 113 36 14.12 0 - - - - 11 0 - investigate this query
RR Pant 2 43 24 10.75 0 - - - - 10 0 - investigate this query
M Vijay 2 26 20 6.50 0 - - - - 0 0 - investigate this query
I Sharma 4 33 14 5.50 0 15 5/51 24.13 1 0 0 -18.63 investigate this query
KD Karthik 2 21 20 5.25 0 - - - - 5 0 - investigate this query
Mohammed Shami 4 26 10* 3.71 0 14 4/57 31.42 0 1 0 -27.71 investigate this query
JJ Bumrah 2 6 6 3.00 0 11 5/85 19.90 1 1 0 -16.90 investigate this query
UT Yadav 1 1 1* - 0 3 2/20 25.33 0 0 0 - investigate this query
Kuldeep Yadav 1 0 0 0.00 0 0 - - 0 0 0 - investigate this query

U keep posting this without any context. Break down the numbers. Yes he has the numbers but he never looked comfortable with the bat the whole series. Runs are bloated cause of the 3rd innings 52 when we played for declaration. Even today Ashwin and pant were better than him. If u want to waste that position with a bits and pieces allrounder then I would rather waste it with Ashwin

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, zen said:

Hardik has 10 wkts and 164 runs 

 

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India remove India from query
Opposition team England remove England from query
Home or away away (home of opposition) remove away (home of opposition) from query
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2018 remove greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2018 from query
Ordered by batting average (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 15 of 15   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Mat Runs HS Bat AvDescending 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St Ave Diff  
V Kohli 4 544 149 68.00 2 - - - - 4 0 - investigate this query
CA Pujara 3 241 132* 48.20 1 - - - - 0 0 - investigate this query
AM Rahane 4 220 81 27.50 0 - - - - 3 0 - investigate this query
S Dhawan 3 158 44 26.33 0 - - - - 2 0 - investigate this query
HH Pandya 4 164 52* 23.42 0 10 5/28 24.70 1 0 0 -1.27 investigate this query
R Ashwin 4 126 33* 21.00 0 11 4/62 32.72 0 1 0 -11.72 investigate this query
KL Rahul 4 113 36 14.12 0 - - - - 11 0 - investigate this query
RR Pant 2 43 24 10.75 0 - - - - 10 0 - investigate this query
M Vijay 2 26 20 6.50 0 - - - - 0 0 - investigate this query
I Sharma 4 33 14 5.50 0 15 5/51 24.13 1 0 0 -18.63 investigate this query
KD Karthik 2 21 20 5.25 0 - - - - 5 0 - investigate this query
Mohammed Shami 4 26 10* 3.71 0 14 4/57 31.42 0 1 0 -27.71 investigate this query
JJ Bumrah 2 6 6 3.00 0 11 5/85 19.90 1 1 0 -16.90 investigate this query
UT Yadav 1 1 1* - 0 3 2/20 25.33 0 0 0 - investigate this query
Kuldeep Yadav 1 0 0 0.00 0 0 - - 0 0 0 - investigate this query

That’s at least the tenth thread that you have posted this in. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, R.D forever said:

U keep posting this without any context. Break down the numbers. Yes he has the numbers but he never looked comfortable with the bat the whole series. Runs are bloated cause of the 3rd innings 52 when we played for declaration. Even today Ashwin and pant were better than him. If u want to waste that position with a bits and pieces allrounder then I would rather waste it with Ashwin

Pandya won us a test. It is because of his game changing spell that Ind has something to talk about .... People know he is not a consistent performer. This is his first season and is going through the learning curve .... while Ashwin is a veteran of 62 tests and isn't even able to compete with a "bits and pieces" player .... therefore, we have to promote the youngster for the AR slot .... Ashwin can only come in if he is bowling well and competes for the spot among 4 specialist bowlers for now 

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Only thing to savour is our fast bowlers didn't give up seeing the flat conditions in 2nd innings. We would usually concede 400 plus in such conditions. Batting was horrendous. 245 was very much chaseable there on that pitch.

When kohli went it was over but for some brilliance from rahane and daring from pant.  Batting begins with puj ends with rahane that is poor for Afghanistan standards haha.. It's needs new faces. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, zen said:

Pandya won us a test. It is because of his game changing spell that Ind has something to talk about .... People know he is not a consistent performer. This is his first season and is going through the learning curve .... while Ashwin is a veteran of 62 tests and isn't even able to compete with a "bits and pieces" player .... therefore, we have to promote the youngster for the AR slot .... Ashwin can only come in if he is bowling well and competes for the spot among 4 specialist bowlers for now 

You are right about Ashwin and wrong about Pandya. He needed to show some application this test completely out of his depth in batting and bowling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Vilander said:

You are right about Ashwin and wrong about Pandya. He needed to show some application this test completely out of his depth in batting and bowling. 

Agree that at the moment he is inconsistent. But as I said, he is a youngster and going through the learning curve .... I am backing him  as I expect him to get better .... His batting avg would go up in the subcon, already has 1 100 and 2 50s iirc .... In bowling, he does well when he gets a relatively harder ball like in the 3rd test 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, zen said:

Agree that at the moment he is inconsistent. But as I said, he is a youngster and going through the learning curve .... I am backing him  as I expect him to get better .... His batting avg would go up in the subcon, already has 1 100 and 2 50s iirc .... In bowling, he does well when he gets a relatively harder ball like in the 3rd test 

And how many matches should we lose for him to learn?? 4 & 0 and 1 wicket in a test match is not what I expect from all rounder. And definitely not someone playing at no 6. Sam Curran is much more talented than pandya and he plays at 8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, R.D forever said:

And how many matches should we lose for him to learn?? 4 & 0 and 1 wicket in a test match is not what I expect from all rounder. And definitely not someone playing at no 6. Sam Curran is much more talented than pandya and he plays at 8. 

12-15 tests including a decent number in the subcon .... at the end of the day, we can discuss all we want but it is up to the team management .... if there are more promising youngsters, I would want them in too 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, InziRules said:

I post this multiple times amount on Pakpassion as well, like after our loss away to Australia, so I'll just say it again

 


We're not Bangladesh. There are no positives from losing a series, except maybe some potential. Especially nothing to be proud of. A moral victory is still a loss

 

There are actually positive depending how you lose. The team is young and at right age. Most teams are strong at home. Few are able to compete and challenge away. India and SA are the only two at the moment. 

 

So. No loss of face in losing. Just continue the get stronger abroad. In 3 years, they will be here again. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, zen said:

12-15 tests including a decent number in the subcon .... at the end of the day, we can discuss all we want but it is up to the team management .... if there are more promising youngsters, I would want them in too 

He should be in squad. But I think wrap is called for after this test. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, zen said:

12-15 tests including a decent number in the subcon .... at the end of the day, we can discuss all we want but it is up to the team management .... if there are more promising youngsters, I would want them in too 

Pull up Pandyas FC record. Check his stats. The guy was fast tracked and it is not working. He is promising but he has to play more FC matches

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I don’t know where the term “moral victory” was mentioned. I guess some are mind readers here. 

Pakistani always invent stuff to falsely equalise themselves with India.. It's due to their feeling of inferior self worth. It's best to acknowledge and move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, R.D forever said:

Pull up Pandyas FC record. Check his stats. The guy was fast tracked and it is not working. He is promising but he has to play more FC matches

as i said he is going through the learning curve .... since he has already been fast tracked, we have to give him more rope .... .... Pandya's role would be in question if specialists are doing well + we have other good specialists in reserve and Pandya is not performing .... Nothing of that sort has happened.  In fact, he has done better than the specialists including winning Ind a test in SENA, which is rare .... Pandya is not a problem at moment relatively speaking. We have bigger problems to worry about 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Lala said:

Are you guys proud of lose? You should have won this game easily. Game was 75%favour of India when kohli and rahane was batting.Kya Bakwas thread Hai yeh.:cantstop: 

Kya Afridi key fans bhi unke jitne hi akalmand hai kya ?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Kya Afridi key fans bhi unke jitne hi akalmand hai kya ?

Yaar, there is nothing to take positives after loosing a series. Every loosing team say they learnt lessons and had positives but they will do the same mistakes again and again. Therefore anybody can't proud of team after loosing a series. This is common to all. Pakistan too. My thoughts are take the next game as fresh start. No need of thinking past, because on the fields plans will be different. You got my point. 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, zen said:

Agree that at the moment he is inconsistent. But as I said, he is a youngster and going through the learning curve .... I am backing him  as I expect him to get better .... His batting avg would go up in the subcon, already has 1 100 and 2 50s iirc .... In bowling, he does well when he gets a relatively harder ball like in the 3rd test 

this .... Pandya is still only a 11 test old rookie. He need time & experience to develop confidence & temperament to handle tough phases of play.His numbers are very good for a seam all rounder.That means the talent is there. But Ashwin with his experience disappointed a lot.Should have bowled a bit more better and shown  more responsibility with the bat in 1st inns  

Share this post


Link to post

There is nothing positive from this tour except the fast bowlers who are getting better and better .I think they are close to world class once bhuvi is back .

Bumrah,bhuvi ,ishant ,shami and umesh are good -great pool of fast bowlers to have and best thing is that they can work in any conditions due to variety in attack. 

The fast bowler were the one who won us two tests in this away cycle and they probably will win us a couple more by the end of Aus tour ,batting will keep failing .

If your best batsmen , still can't play ling innings or get run a consistently even after playing 8 innings ,then there's certainly some problem

Share this post


Link to post

Pandya got a 5fer and 50+ on a test win, but the reason we won was batting first and putting 300+ on both inngings. Pandya is not fit for test cricket like Curran is for Eng as show in match conditions. Top order and MO is equal for both. Lower MO and tail is the key in putting 200+ scores. We failed in 2 tests to do that. Lords is lottery, I am not even considering that test in this series.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

It should be 2-2 at least but india failed to apply themselves and finish england off, hence they paid for it.

I would go further and say it should have been 3-1 instead of 1-3 with the right combination. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Pandya got a 5fer and 50+ on a test win, but the reason we won was batting first and putting 300+ on both inngings. Pandya is not fit for test cricket like Curran is for Eng as show in match conditions. Top order and MO is equal for both. Lower MO and tail is the key in putting 200+ scores. We failed in 2 tests to do that. Lords is lottery, I am not even considering that test in this series.

Any reason to compare Pandya, who bats at 6-7, with Curran, who bats at #8 and who outperformed Eng's 6-7? 

 

Btw, Pandya avg 60+ in subcon, his home conditions .... while this is his first tour to Eng 

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

I would go further and say it should have been 3-1 instead of 1-3 with the right combination. 

If the game was played inside your head, it may have been 4-0 to Ind :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, zen said:

Any reason to compare Pandya, who bats at 6-7, with Curran, who bats at #8 and who outperformed Eng's 6-7? 

 

Btw, Pandya avg 60+ in subcon, his home conditions 

sample size is too small to argue home vs away. Pandya has been an liablity in these tests while all others are same. Even Kohlie admits it.

 

Quote

Unlike Curran, who has two fifties, an average of 50 and is the third-highest run-scorer this series, despite having played three of the four Tests, India have failed to get similar returns from Hardik Pandya, their main allrounder. Pandya has one fifty so far, but has been poor otherwise. Kohli underlined that fact saying India need to learn from Curran, who has played "fearless" cricket.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

sample size is too small to argue home vs away. Pandya has been an liablity in these tests while all others are same. Even Kohlie admits it.

Not at all. Pandya has actually won us a test to give us some respectability. Unless you wanted a whitewash so far

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Ghanta positives. We lost to one of the worst English sides ever. We had no business of losing. 

Exactly. Watch every decent test teams beat them at least once in upcoming series,there's nothing to boast about winning a solitary test match in england

Share this post


Link to post

We have such low expectations.

 

1. We don't put in the practice.

 

2. We don't choose the right people for the right spots.

 

3. We keep making technical mistakes.

 

4. We are horrible tactically.

 

Yet at the end, we are expected to pat ourselves in the back for competing?

 

SCREW THAT ****.

 

We should hav fuging destroyed England.

 

The biggest culprits are

 

1. "I won't work on my mistakes but pose for Insta pictures" Rahul

2. eternal chewt Dhawan

3. intelligent chewt Ashwin

4. corrupt chewt kaptan Kohli

5. idiotic management who persevered with Pandya who hasn't shown consistency yet (I won't blame Pandya here but those who are expecting him to do things he has never even done in domestics - he averages 28 in first class for God's sake....how is he expected to fulfill the role of a batsman in England....it's too soon).

 

The whole team management needs to change.

 

Kohli should be captain but his powers should be clipped.

 

We need a no nonsense coach.

Edited by sensible-indian

Share this post


Link to post

#1 ranked team playing like a bottom ranked team and losing yet another overseas series. Other than the bowlers doing well, I don't see any positives from this tour. Kohli despite his big talk has yet again led his team to failure. I hope he keeps his mouth firmly shut and shows some humility before embarking on the tour to Australia. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, sensible-indian said:

We have such low expectations.

 

1. We don't put in the practice.

 

2. We don't choose the right people for the right spots.

 

3. We keep making technical mistakes.

 

4. We are horrible tactically.

 

Yet at the end, we are expected to pat ourselves in the back for competing?

 

SCREW THAT ****.

 

We should hav fuging destroyed England.

 

The biggest culprits are

 

1. "I won't work on my mistakes but pose for Insta pictures" Rahul

2. eternal chewt Dhawan

3. intelligent chewt Ashwin

4. corrupt chewt kaptan Kohli

5. idiotic management who persevered with Pandya who hasn't shown consistency yet (I won't blame Pandya here but those who are expecting him to do things he has never even done in domestics - he averages 28 in first class for God's sake....how is he expected to fulfill the role of a batsman in England....it's too soon).

 

The whole team management needs to change.

 

Kohli should be captain but his powers should be clipped.

 

We need a no nonsense coach.

Totally! This gutless team has failed miserably to play in a manner befitting its #1 status. Are we supposed to be happy about the one win while turning a blind eye to their abject surrender in the series?No way! They went awol whenever they were required to fight and get over the finish line. 

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, nevada said:

#1 ranked team playing like a bottom ranked team and losing yet another overseas series. Other than the bowlers doing well, I don't see any positives from this tour. Kohli despite his big talk has yet again led his team to failure. I hope he keeps his mouth firmly shut and shows some humility before embarking on the tour to Australia. 

Gotta agree with this assessment. Bowlers were indeed brilliant and clearly out-performed the batting department which has flopped apart from consistent contributions from Virat and the odd ton by Chet. Shastri and think tank has failed to walk the talk. Instead of thrashing the opponents they themselves have been thrashed and weak batting lineup has been exposed brutally yet again.The big mouth could only make the noise pre series. Post series the mouth will be totally shut...until we smash the West Indies...

Edited by Straight Drive

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

There is nothing to be proud of to be honest. Losing a series to Curran,Moeen,Woakes is despicable.It is as if the team always contrived to retreat from good situations.

Let’s look at our side. Bumrah, Pant, Rahul. It has inexperienced players. 

 

Kohli has to bite the bullet. We need a batting coach. A good one. Not Sanjay Bangar. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Let’s look at our side. Bumrah, Pant, Rahul. It has inexperienced players. 

 

Rahul has played 28 tests including 5 away tours.  That is not inexperience in tests.

 

Bumrah has performed like a very experienced pacer despite playing his 4th and 5th tests.

 

Top 5 batsmen and 3 bowlers...  all very experienced.

Inexperience did not show for Bumrah.

 

So, just 2 inexperienced players performing as such ...  which is common.

 

 

Quote

We need a batting coach. A good one. Not Sanjay Bangar. 

 

Agree.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post

One thing is that 4 fasties are a must for overseas.That and someone like viru who can turn his arm should comprise the bowling attack.

And ofcourse Dhawan Rahul must go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×