What will be the first India XI for Asia Cup?

anish2tweet

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

I see lot of posters picking both kooldip and chahal in the squad, both will perform against minnows like afghan and Bangladesh but will screw us against Pakistan.

We just can't play two spinners against pak irrespective of conditions, last time we played with 2 spinners(darters) we ended up loosing ct, its better to go with 3 fast bowlers from the start, somebody like khaleel with leftarm pace and angel will be handy.

I have a hard time believing that both BD and AFG will walk into the second round together, let alone one of them (espacially AFG) making it to the final. SriLanka does exist in this tournament too. For your theory to be correct, we have to face either BD/AFG in the second round and than face either BD/AFG in the final. Do you see that happening (espacially for AFG)? Flawed theory tbh. 

13 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

I have a hard time believing that both BD and AFG will walk into the second round together, let alone one of them (espacially AFG) making it to the final. SriLanka does exist in this tournament too. For your theory to be correct, we have to face either BD/AFG in the second round and than face either BD/AFG in the final. Do you see that happening (espacially for AFG)? Flawed theory tbh. 

Theory?? what  theory?  I just don't want them to repeat the same mistake like in ct assuming we meet Pakistan in final, SL,afgh or bd or whoever we face they are just not good enough against spin

Pretty sure if we start with both kooldeep n chahal they ll do more than a descent job against them and eventually will be forced to play against pak if we meet them in the finals.

Bigger fish here is Pakistan, we should plan things keeping them in mind proven fact that pace is their weakness and we shouldn't play 2 specialized spinners against them.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Theory?? what  theory?  I just don't want them to repeat the same mistake like in ct assuming we meet Pakistan in final, SL,afgh or bd or whoever we face they are just not good enough against spin

Pretty sure if we start with both kooldeep n chahal they ll do more than a descent job against them and eventually will be forced to play against pak if we meet them in the finals.

Bigger fish here is Pakistan, we should plan things keeping them in mind proven fact that pace is their weakness and we shouldn't play 2 specialized spinners against them.

IMHO Pak Bowling > IND Bowling. However they are getting too jumpy about their batting thrashing a week ZIM side. Our Batting > Pak Batting any given day. Should have rested Kohli for the 5th test and played him in asia cup.

I see lot of posters picking both kooldip and chahal in the squad, both will perform against minnows like afghan and Bangladesh but will screw us against Pakistan. We just can't play two spinners against pak irrespective of conditions, last time we played with 2 spinners(darters) we ended up loosing ct, its better to go with 3 fast bowlers from the start, somebody like khaleel with leftarm pace and angel will be handy.

But with Pandya you would already have 3 seamers anyway. Dropping a spinner meaning playing with 4 seamers. Not sure if its a good idea in UAE. 

Also I have never seen this Khaleel guy bowl. Is he any good? You need to have variations, cutters etc in UAE conditions....only pace will get cartered there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

But with Pandya you would already have 3 seamers anyway. Dropping a spinner meaning playing with 4 seamers. Not sure if its a good idea in UAE. 

Also I have never seen this Khaleel guy bowl. Is he any good? You need to have variations, cutters etc in UAE conditions....only pace will get cartered there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pandya I don't think so is proper 10 overs bowler tbh, he ll give you maximum 6-7 quality overs and  pretty much uselss in death, reason I feel we need 6th bowler to cover it up somebody like krunal can do that job.

Uae pitches are not that bad or unresponsive for fast bowlers with good pace  especially during night time. Milne, henry,starc,Johnson did really well when they were in uae last time.

Apparently khaleel is not just a pace and nothing bowler, he has got good variations, control and left arm angel as well, can bowl those under pressure yorkers at death. during his u19 WC days he used to bowl lot of cutters and slower balls but now that he has upped his pace he relys more on pace and direction. Here is a clip

Khaleels 3-45 link

Moreover I feel Babar,fakhar,Harris and  sarfrz are good players of spin, so two spinners will be risky, i would drop one probably chahar.

Edited by speedheat

This is what we should go with:

Team for the match a day before the Pak match:

Rohit

Rayudu

Pandey

Dhoni

Jadhav

Karthik

Axar

Shardul

Kuldeep

Chahal

Khaleel

Team for the Pak match:

Rohit

Dhawan

Rahul

Dhoni

Pandey

Karthik

Pandya

Bhuvneshwar

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Khaleel

Pace heavy against the padosis, spin heavy against the minnows. Also rest the key players to keep them fresh for the Pak match.

Edited by motomaverick
1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

Chahal is another mental midget will get carted against Pak.

Agree. I would play Axar Patel in place of Chahal. The reason's below:

A) In superb form this season in county cricket.

B) Much better batsman than Chahal.

C) Pak don't play left arm spin well (historically)

D) Got a better smile at least (cant tolerate that smug in Chahal's face)

On 9/3/2018 at 3:16 PM, Straight Drive said:

Glad the Asia cup will come to the rescue and erase the memories of the horrible past three months :yay:

I think it'll be the opposite,after getting a thrashing from pak (maybe again in the final) ,it'll enhance those horrible memories .

indian odi team is very much dependent on kohli and we have a horrible middle order which is likely to collapse against good attacks