Rohit Sharma, captain of India side in Asia Cup 2018, reveals why he hates the word 'talent'

Switchblade

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/cricket-news/article/rohit-sharma-captain-of-india-side-in-asia-cup-2018-reveals-why-he-hates-the-word-talented/279265

Rohit Sharma will be leading the Indian team in the absence of regular skipper Virat Kohli at the upcoming Asia Cup 2018. The swash-buckling right-hand batsman was in brilliant form in the ODI series against England where he notched up a magnificent century before being snubbed from the Test squad. Away from cricket, Rohit is currently enjoying his time back in India and conducted a question and answer session on Twitter with fans where he came up with interesting answers to some intriguing questions by the fans. 

Rohit will be making his international comeback after two months in the UAE where India are scheduled to lock horns with arch-rivals Pakistan in the Asia Cup. Ahead of the all-important tournament, one of his fans asked the batsman the reason behind his disliking of the words like talent or blessing during the interactive session on Twitter. He responded quickly and explained why he hated the words. 

"#AskRo why do u hate the word talented or blessed actually I don't remember that word," a fan asked Rohit. "Because I’m not talented, I worked for everything I have," the Indian captain for Asia Cup responded. 

Rohit had a decent T20I series against England where he finished as the highest scorer in the three-match series with 146 runs under his name. He followed it up with good performances in the ODI series where he slammed 154 runs in three games including a century and at a brilliant average of 77. He will have a crucial role to play in India's success at the Asia Cup and will have to fill in big boots of Kohli while leading the side. 

"Because I’m not talented, I worked for everything I have"

I swear even a guy who wins a jackpot lottery would say I worked hard for it.If he was even 50% hardworking as kohli he would have been as good as kohli. He doesn't even acknowledge his shortcomings and gives ridiculous comebacks like "come to India". Such is his willingness to improve. He is one guy who had to work the least to keep his spot in the team. Hard work, lol. 

16 hours ago, Pollack said:

"Because I’m not talented, I worked for everything I have"

I swear even a guy who wins a jackpot lottery would say I worked hard for it.If he was even 50% hardworking as kohli he would have been as good as kohli. He doesn't even acknowledge his shortcomings and gives ridiculous comebacks like "come to India". Such is his willingness to improve. He is one guy who had to work the least to keep his spot in the team. Hard work, lol. 

If he had worked so much, he at least would not have that paunch.

As he is not playing test cricket i feel he is getting too much criticism. The both odi & t20 format he is very good batsman to have in side. Not anyway near kohli but he is surely 2nd best batsman we have in both odis and t20. Just look at his past 5 year stats as odi batsman he is at top 3. As for test he should be kept away from it along with Shikhar Dhawan (who is better thah kohli & rohit in icc tournament).

Jej41j1.png

He surely isn't problem for both odis and t20s but middle order is gonna be big issue along with 5th bowling option.