Why is no body blaming the BCCI?

Who is truly to blame?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is truly to blame?

I've heard many reasons for our defeat: Virat's captaincy, Shastri's coaching, Hardik etc but nobody seems to be acknowledging the elephant in the room. The BCCI Bhaboos. On two successive tours to SENA countries they have failed to arrange adequate warms ups and have launched the test team into action cold. Why? First class warms ups are not a money spinner from attendance or TV rights perspective. BCCI don't wanna risk their cash cows on some warm ups...I know...get them to play t20s and ODIs as warm ups instead. That way they can have their cake and eat it. It was so obvious, play a two match test series vs Ireland as a warm up. Perfect- get to play in English conditions and build ties with Ireland. But no- we play tests vs Afghanistan on pastas instead. Great preparation. Not to mention relentless schedules - one of our best players in Bhuvi wasn't even available on this tour. With his lower order batting we probably would have won in Edgbaston and Southampton. BCCIs constant prioritisation of LOIs/IPL over tests is reason for this mess. Ishant, Chepu and Ashwin all played county and were all better off for it. Doesn't take a genius to figure out the obvious solutions. 

Just like a series win cannot be credited to one player only, a series defeat wouldn't either. Kohli, drunk coach, fielding, bowling coaches, BCCI everyone are equally responsibly. This time selection of playing eleven was decent as compared to previous ones by kohli. But we still managed to lose. So,obviously we lack a bit of skills here to adapt to conditions beyond our comfort zones. More preparation was required before the series.

33 minutes ago, velu said:

kohli's captaincy is fine ( atleast in tests ) ..

sadly he cant bat for other batsmen ..

Is it fine for a captain to allow batting side to take them from 86/6 to 246 a.o?

Getting a new ball & handing it over to the spinner? 

Making the spinner bowl more than the combined overs of 3 other pacers? 

These are some of Kohli's blunders in Rose Bowl. The list is too long if Edgbaston & Lords are considered. 

7 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Is it fine for a captain to allow batting side to take them from 86/6 to 246 a.o?

Getting a new ball & handing it over to the spinner? 

Making the spinner bowl more than the combined overs of 3 other pacers? 

These are some of Kohli's blunders in Rose Bowl. The list is too long if Edgbaston & Lords are considered. 

We seem to forget that other teams also have some girth to them. Gimme them their due to go from 86/6 to 246. If India pulled how would you have seen it. 

Ashwin lost his mojo as test after the injury , actually he lost his mojo in second test where there was bizzare selection. 

But I do agree that Kohli and shastri got the selection wrong in the last test. Jadeja should have played. England hinted at that , they played Moen and Rashid. Who knows what Jadeja could have pulled out, he would have probably been an equal replacement to Pandya. 

I blame the selection policy overall right from the selectors to match day selection. They seem to go with their gut more than an analytical approach. The result follows the selection policy. 

1. Dhawan should not have played this game. Would have thrown Shaw in the deep end, he could not have done any worse than Dhawan. 

2. Pandya, probably Jadeja (would have been hard to see)

3. Jadeja for Ashwin (again selection made by gut, it was clear he is not fit).

4. In the second innings they should have played pant and pandya/ashwin higher allowing some cushion for the bottom order by Rahane and Kohil moving down.  If they failed , then we would have lost 4 /5 wickets but we would have kohil and rahane to build at that stage. We just cant expect our lower order to absorb that pressure. 

5. There is no other spinner apart from the ashwin in the xi in the test. England had Joe root who is pretty efficient. Where is the Sehwag of this team ? Selectors should have worked all these combinations and selected the team. the only person I can think is Jadhav. 

5 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

We seem to forget that other teams also have some girth to them. Gimme them their due to go from 86/6 to 246. If India pulled how would you have seen it.

I agree with the other points you've made. And I've given credit to Curran & co. for their fight & courage. But it's not the first time he has been the thorn in this series. Go into the past, we make these kinda unknown players as heroes. 

Where was the plan? All I was watching is him being beaten around off stump line time & again. Why not try something different? Even when Ali was gone, we had a sniff but again we leaked too many.

When you're 1-2 down in the series, you can't allow such drift to happen. I'd take the f*** up in Edgbaston test in stride but not this one. 

Shastri is a scapegoat. BCCI has usually been like this. All Ind teams have had to cope with BCCI  .... it is the captain that takes credit or blame .... now we are in the “process” of developing a system where the blame goes to coach, while the credit goes to captain :lol:

ps my thread on scapegoat :p:

Edited by zen

Our batting failire cost us the series. Batting line up included only one player which most people did not want and that is Dhawan. Rest all deserved their slots - Rahul, Rahane, Pujara etc. 

When you fail with such team you can just say that we weren’t good enough to win crucial moments as a team even though we came very near twice. Same batsmen Rahane and Pujara clicked often during crucial times as much as they failed at crucial times. We can blame the full batting barring Kohli for not being consistent in scoring at crucial moments. They scored their one-off knocks randomly instead of collectively which was the difference int he series. 

BCCI had no fault this time. They have organized white ball matches first at the players insistence, send test only players for A tours, ensured 15 days break between ODIs and test series etc. Basically provided everything in players favour.

Not much BCCI can do if team mgmt decide to reduce the no. of days in warm up matches, if players goes for Europe tour just before the test series, if players decide to break team protocol and start travelling privately by trains/cars etc.

For a change, BCCI is at no fault here. All blame should go to team management. Bollywood influence is ruining the team. I just heard Ravi Shastri is dating some actress as well. The hell?? facepalm.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

BCCI had no fault this time. They have organized white ball matches first at the players insistence, send test only players for A tours, ensured 15 days break between ODIs and test series etc. Basically provided everything in players favour.

Except that they do not enforce issues when results dont happen with the team. 

1. Did the right test team land in the UK in the first place. Garbage in Garbage out ? No number of practice matches can solve that. 

- Che Pu did well in the last two games, but with the form he was in prior to the series, should he have been selected. 

- We knew Ashwin was ineffective in the last series , why was the primary spinner during selection  ? Why not alternatives. 

- We knew Dhawan is suspect against the moving ball even before one ball was bowled in the test series. Why was he selected ?

- Only people that could have selected on their own , prior to the first test are : Vijay, Rahul,Kohli, Rahane, Karthik/Pant and the fast bowlers. 

- The usual suspects that always fail in the SENA countries failed apart from the fast bowlers. (Ashwin, Dhawan). Jadeja didnt bowl a ball, but doubt he cold have done anything. 

- So this leaves the selectors 1 opener, 1 primary spinner , 1 middle order bat to find and fix prior to the first test. Why did they not do that ? Why do  we have to settle ? They gave pujara the opportunity to get used to england but he failed, ashwin was given a go as well in the county circuit, he did not pull miracles . Dhawan no question. So why should we have to settle ? Did they run out of ideas in the country like india ? 

So nothing has changed , the power reamains with coach and captain with no overshight and check valves.

What will BCCI do? Spoon feed Kohli and co?

They provided everything management wanted.

Adminstrators are they there for making arrangements and not decide what is needed what's not.

Management and coaches are paid crores to decide what to do, how much load a player need, what type of practice they need.

If that is to be done by BCCI then sack these guys or reduce their paychecks.

Problem is with middle to low order. No 5;6;7 is having huge batting problems. DK,Pant,Hardik & Ashwin failed as batsmen. That was the difference between two sides. Curran & Wokes saved England when they played low order few times where non of the indians were consistent enough to contribute. Blame to selectors. :cantstop:

Not much BCCI can do if team mgmt decide to reduce the no. of days in warm up matches, if players goes for Europe tour just before the test series, if players decide to break team protocol and start travelling privately by trains/cars etc.

For a change, BCCI is at no fault here. All blame should go to team management. Bollywood influence is ruining the team. I just heard Ravi Shastri is dating some actress as well. The hell?? facepalm.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BCCI/CoA's fault is in to give Kohli and Shastri so much power in the beginning.. Not supporting Kumble and not reigning in Kohli/firing Shastri.
As far as I heard, none of the players like Kohli much and will probably be relieved when he's not in the dressing room.
(Ivs with Rohit/Jinx kinda proves my suspicion).
I know India will lose matches but it is better to lose matches as a team than keep a tyrant in the room who brings discord and disharmony like Virat.
We are losing the matches anyways with him also.
We don't need Virat anymore.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk