Former India pacer R P Singh retires

Switchblade

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/former-india-pacer-r-p-singh-retires/story-xYFzZw0YZ4VO44AbHKLrvI.html

“13 years ago today, on 4th September 2005 was the first time I donned the Indian jersey. It was the stepping-stone to what would become the most cherished moments of my life,” Singh wrote on his Twitter account.

“Today as I hang my boots and call it a day, I wish to remember and give thanks to each and everyone who made this journey possible,” he said.

His international career spanned six years and the pacer played 82 matches across all three formats and picked up over 100 wickets.

“For someone born in a small village, I never thought I would be able to say this – I have lived my dream. And for that I have nobody else to thank but you. My fans. For believing in me, for criticizing me and for hailing me but mainly for just being there for me. Thank you!,” 32 year old Singh signed off.

Surprised he only played 82 games thought he played more than that.

Edited by Switchblade
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Could not stand the trauma of not being called in the middle of the series against England ...  and retired  !   

Was expecting it again as he is fatter than last time and vacationing more.    :phehe:

Do you remember his IPL stint with Pune Super Giants in 2017 :phehe:?

Edited by Switchblade
46 minutes ago, speedheat said:

As long as dhoni is there I don't trust this retirement :phehe: he might get called from whichever island he is holidaying, you never  Know :phehe:

On serious note, he had potential to do lot more than what he did, wish he had worked on fitness.

Some of his spells in t20 WC 2007 and 2006 pak tour are still my favorites.

Good luck to him.

Perth Test in 2008 in the second innings took 4 wickets if I am not wrong which we won.