India decriminalizes Homosexuality

Franco Vazquez

5 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

I don't know why people are actually celebrating. I can see LGBTQIStYVEWDS community celebrating it but why straight people and celebs are making a huge deal out of it? How many gays are there in India? 1 million or 2 million? How many poor, unprivileged people struggling with basic necessities of life are in India? 

Because unlike the Middle east and the Islamic world in general, India is striving to move ahead and the withdrawal if the state from the private affairs of citizens is very much a desired end. 

4 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

I don't care if someone is gay or anything but when you are in contact with someone it automatically starts affecting you. I try to avoid homosexuals as they are a bit too cheesy and OTT and it's true that many guys don't feel comfortable with gays. There are many instances where I have seen people getting sacked from their jobs or not getting in because they didn't feel comfortable with gays or they didn't agree with their opinions. 

What a rubbish post. I studied my master's sitting next to an openly "lesbian" woman for two years and im a flaming heterosexual and that hasn't diminished even a bit. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Because unlike the Middle east and the Islamic world in general, India is striving to move ahead and the withdrawal if the state from the private affairs of citizens is very much a desired end. 

Yeah, that's why Middle Eastern countries like KSA, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, and my beloved UAE are waaaaaay ahead of India in every department except pollution (Dubai not too far). I won't post on this thread anymore before it gets ugly because its useless to argue over something in which there's no end. I have already done it a lot on PakPassion

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

What a rubbish post. I studied my master's sitting next to an openly "lesbian" woman for two years and im a flaming heterosexual and that hasn't diminished even a bit. 

People usually dont have any issues with lesbian and nor do I but its the gays who are cheesy and no one would give a single eff if they mind their own business.

11 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

People usually dont have any issues with lesbian and nor do I but its the gays who are cheesy and no one would give a single eff if they mind their own business.

The only reason you even differentiate between "gay" and "lesbian" is because that's the cultural/religious upbringing bro. Most gay people do mind their own business. 

14 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Yeah, that's why Middle Eastern countries like KSA, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, and my beloved UAE are waaaaaay ahead of India in every department except pollution (Dubai not too far). I won't post on this thread anymore before it gets ugly because its useless to argue over something in which there's no end. I have already done it a lot on PakPassion

Oh you mean in the granting of religious freedom, equal rights to women etc .? Righto.

11 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Oh you mean in the granting of religious freedom, equal rights to women etc .? Righto.

He also might refer to the industrious nature of their people, their contributions to research & development in all fields, their huge bounty of nobel prizes, the general feeling of togetherness & humanity among the middle east nations, their big hearts that accommodate refugees from all over the world etc.

This Franco dude is a troll, right?

Seriously, how does one become that ignorant? Not just on the homosexuality issue, but practically every area he's touched on has put out more and more ignorance and further embarrassed himself.

Like every single topic he has spoken on has shown he has absolutely zero understanding of the topic.

Pedophilia - Wrong

Homosexuality - Wrong

Middle Eastern countries - Wrong

Liberalism - Wrong

1 hour ago, Franco Vazquez said:

The worst thing about this pride BS is that they waste their own time and want others to waste their time as well by being involved. I mean look at Salman Khan, He has ignored this BS because he knows he doesn't need brownie points from these people like AIB or others BS. The best way is to ignore it if you don't agree with it but these A-holes wont allow a random person do that. I went to UK, there was some pride type thing going on and the public was largely uninterested in that BS and the pressure groups weren't group. You don't have others feel sympathetic for you if you have got this attitude and people like these are the reasons why Toris and Trump triumph in the West.

Yeh Salman Khan, the beacon of decency. - Maybe educate yourself about the people you choose to put up on a pedestal.

I'm not even gonna comment on the politics part, because I'm certain you pulled it out of your behind. 

36 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Middle Eastern countries are way ahead of India in every department? Please list those departments and metrics you used to determine which countries are ahead. 

Yeh, you should definitely avoid posting on this subject as you obviously lack the basic knowledge on the subject to conduct a discussion. Go do some reading first.

34 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

"I like beating off to lesbians, but homosexuality disgusts me" 

32 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

One thing I am pretty sure of is that child abuse will only increase after it because you have poster boys of LGBT like Kevin Spacey who are renowned serial child abusers 

What? How?

There is literally no connection between the two. 

When did Kevin Spacey become the poster boy for LGBTQ community? 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Agree everybody has a right to live on their terms. But why do they want to let others know what they want to do in their personal space. I don't go around proclaiming who I spend time with. I don't believe in this gay pride or parade thingy. They have infested college campuses and conduct recruitment drives with this flaunting. Young people think it is cool and hep. 

When things become acceptable and normal they will also chill.They will no longer need to celebrate their uniqueness in the ott manner...or may be it will just become another festival to enjoy because people will stop getting pissed off.

Gay pride is not about telling people they have sex but about celebrating their freedom to live their life without having to hide. The pride in knowing and letting it known that they are different and  normal like all people are.

When things become acceptable and normal they will also chill.They will no longer need to celebrate their uniqueness in the ott manner...or may be it will just become another festival to enjoy because people will stop getting pissed off.

Gay pride is not about telling people they have sex but about celebrating their freedom to live their life without having to hide. The pride in knowing and letting it known that they are different and  normal like all people are.

Yes, we left handers should also have such ott celebrations. Seeing so many are forcefully converted in India maybe it's not a bad thing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Agree everybody has a right to live on their terms. But why do they want to let others know what they want to do in their personal space. I don't go around proclaiming who I spend time with. I don't believe in this gay pride or parade thingy. They have infested college campuses and conduct recruitment drives with this flaunting. Young people think it is cool and hep. 

Have you been persecuted for being straight? Have you been made an outcast in society for being straight? Have you been mocked for being straight? Have you had to live in fear because of being straight? 

Ever wondered how a young person, who has feelings for the same sex, who has all their life been told something is wrong, feels in that kind of society? They need others who are willing to flaunt, be in the faces of others to help them understand what they're feeling is fine.

Maybe you should stand up for the persecuted and rejoice in their ability to live a little more freely instead of being upset by it. - I don't think there is anything to believe in about a parade. It's a celebration. 

I presume you're just as upset with people who brag about just getting laid with the opposite sex? Or get upset about people celebrating Independence Days or religious festivals, getting all up in your face.

22 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Have you been persecuted for being straight? Have you been made an outcast in society for being straight? Have you been mocked for being straight? Have you had to live in fear because of being straight? 

Ever wondered how a young person, who has feelings for the same sex, who has all their life been told something is wrong, feels in that kind of society? They need others who are willing to flaunt, be in the faces of others to help them understand what they're feeling is fine.

Maybe you should stand up for the persecuted and rejoice in their ability to live a little more freely instead of being upset by it. - I don't think there is anything to believe in about a parade. It's a celebration. 

I presume you're just as upset with people who brag about just getting laid with the opposite sex? Or get upset about people celebrating Independence Days or religious festivals, getting all up in your face.

Decriminalizing is a welcome step. That old colonial era law was wrong, even any non-vaginal sex among hetros was also criminal! I am of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy guy. I agree there is prosecution, but the general awareness among public is high these days and acceptance is more. At least in US. So, the pride parade seems an excess. 

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The only reason you even differentiate between "gay" and "lesbian" is because that's the cultural/religious upbringing bro. Most gay people do mind their own business. 

it is not as simple. Gays also need to find someone to be a part of their sexual activities and in doing that they tend to approach straight people.  It is not easy to find other gay people. 

11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Decriminalizing is a welcome step. That old colonial era law was wrong, even any non-vaginal sex among hetros was also criminal! I am of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy guy. I agree there is prosecution, but the general awareness among public is high these days and acceptance is more. At least in US. So, the pride parade seems an excess. 

I find it strange how a celebration of someone's freedom is excessive. As asked in my last post, do you take offence to people celebrating independence? Like India got independence some 70+ years ago and they still make a big song and dance about it.

Pretty sure the US legalised same sex marriage no more than 2 years ago. So, let's not make it sound like these people have had equality forever. Also, you mention there is good awareness in the US. Ever wonder how that came about? Because it certainly didn't happen by the gay people hiding in closets.

And just because some laws have changed to prevent the state from persecuting them, society takes time to move on and these people will still face persecution.

Edited by Sachinism