Sign in to follow this  
Franco Vazquez

Asia Cup win or Australia Test series win?

5 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

People seemed to have forgotten that this Aussie team is a depleted one and I don't think to defeat them will be an achievement

Haven’t won there look how we failed to perform against an average English team they still have Starc,Cummins,Lyon and Hazlewood to deal with our batsman.

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Australia Test series win.

Who remembers Asia Cups ... I don't even remember who won the last 50 over Asia Cup.

But people still talk about India winning a test series in the West Indies in 1971.

When we were getting thrashed in New Zealand 4 years back similar thread was opened by a poster where he asked if Asia cup and WT20 triumph will ease the pain of overseas debacle.

6 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

People seemed to have forgotten that this Aussie team is a depleted one and I don't think to defeat them will be an achievement

Defeating Australia in Australia is always an achievement.

They are always competitive at home even if 2 players are missing.

7 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Haven’t won there look how we failed to perform against an average English team they still have Starc,Cummins,Lyon and Hazlewood to deal with our batsman.

Australia have batting pitches these days so I don't think it will be much of a problem for India there

26 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

yes, now it is a battle of equals.  Depleted does not mean weak.  No top team is weak in their home conditions.

55 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

He was  sarcastic he had said that Asia cup is of value since no game is meaningless cause if we lose to Uae or Hong Kong we will be the first one to question the team.

Ok you know better :hmmmm2:

1 minute ago, Switchblade said:

Their team is much better than ours and we are carrying deadweights in the middle order.

They don't have a better team. It's just that they have played weaker teams and got hammered once they played a decent team. Pak players are most likely to get under pressure while playing India than Indian players.

1 minute ago, Franco Vazquez said:

They don't have a better team. It's just that they have played weaker teams and got hammered once they played a decent team. Pak players are most likely to get under pressure while playing India than Indian players.

Dhoni is washed up has been can’t hit anymore Jhadav injury prone poor fielder average batsman and Raydu at sr of 78 are passengers.

Who remembers Asia cups. Bangladeshs and Padosis probably.

The only interest I have in Asia Cup is to figure out who will make it to the WC squad. It’s very likely that Asia cup and WI ODI performances will decide the fate of our middle order for the WC