Homosexuals in Family

Stradlater

9 hours ago, Stradlater said:

@Tibarn and @Moochad Your opinions on this?

I don't really intend on answering that whole post there as I think you are expecting a post from the perspective of someone who is against decriminalization of homosexual sex, but I never took that position in that other thread. 

I was agreeing with @Tibarn about the judgement by the court ie the reasoning presented by the SC for why it should be decriminalized, not the decriminalization itself... I am all for decriminalization, but not with the reasoning the SC provided as it sets the wrong judicial precedent.

I am guessing @Tibarn has the same opinion but I don't know, so you can ask him 

Edited by Moochad

On 9/8/2018 at 4:38 PM, Stradlater said:

Interesting debate going on in the other thread with some good points raised by both the sides (apart from absolute drivel by Franco but we won't get to that).

Which got me thinking(and this one is for the pro gay group) would you be fine if someone from your family let's say a son or a daughter come out to you as a homosexual? Would you be willing to support them through thick and thin in case that happens? 

Honestly I for one would be absolutely horrified. I have no issues with others being gay and welcome the decision of Supreme Court but dont think it would mean the same to me if the person is a close family member.

Now I know I might come across as a big hypocrite here but honestly that's how it is for me and I'm sure for many Indians.

What's your take on it @beetle @Sachinism @Nikhil_cric @Muloghonto @UrmiSinhaRay ICF's resident gay supporters?

Also fence sitters like @coffee_rules and @rkt.india

By supporting them what you mean.Organising a traditional grand marriage like people do for their Normal children or just let them live their life without getting angry

13 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

By supporting them what you mean.Organising a traditional grand marriage like people do for their Normal children or just let them live their life without getting angry

By standing with them through all walks of life and respect their choices.

Let them living their life is just one aspect of it.

Would be alongside them through thick & thin. I had the luxury of living in a western society for many years and being on good terms with homosexual individuals. One basically realizes they're human beings after all, just like prejudices about race & nationalities break up in such socities. Any open minded person, despite their conservative background or upbringing, would loosen up under similar circumstances.

On 9/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, Stradlater said:

Interesting debate going on in the other thread with some good points raised by both the sides (apart from absolute drivel by Franco but we won't get to that).

Which got me thinking(and this one is for the pro gay group) would you be fine if someone from your family let's say a son or a daughter come out to you as a homosexual? Would you be willing to support them through thick and thin in case that happens? 

Honestly I for one would be absolutely horrified. I have no issues with others being gay and welcome the decision of Supreme Court but dont think it would mean the same to me if the person is a close family member.

Now I know I might come across as a big hypocrite here but honestly that's how it is for me and I'm sure for many Indians.

What's your take on it @beetle @Sachinism @Nikhil_cric @Muloghonto @UrmiSinhaRay ICF's resident gay supporters?

Also fence sitters like @coffee_rules and @rkt.india

Would you hate your own child so much you'd be willing to disown them?

For me it's pretty simple, it's my child, I'd support them fully in what they choose and especially in things that aren't a choice.

Imagine being so angry to disown your own child for something that's not their choice. 

36 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Would you hate your own child so much you'd be willing to disown them?

For me it's pretty simple, it's my child, I'd support them fully in what they choose and especially in things that aren't a choice.

Imagine being so angry to disown your own child for something that's not their choice. 

our generation might be ok with it ..

but older generation still wont accept ..

sreeni mamas son is a gay and he disown him ..

thing is his gay son never bothered to change his sexuality for the sake of his fathers money 

12 minutes ago, velu said:

sreeni mamas son is a gay and he disown him ..

thing is his gay son never bothered to change his sexuality for the sake of his fathers money 

Good for the son.

Someone can make a movie on this...

Ishq nahi lalchi.....

Paisa nahi pyaar.....

Baap ki aisi ki taisi...:p::p:

Srini's homophobia is hadd se baahar.....